Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor problems in Photoshop 2020 on Windows

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows:

- in camera raw cursor flashes quickly, changing between the arrow and the hand tool;
- in toolbar photoshop, it makes a different selection from the one i have chosen: 
I position myself on a specific menu but with the click of the mouse cursor opens another one or does not open at all; - when I use brushes or the patch tool for example, the action is performed not where I click but
in a very larger area. I tried to deselect the use of the graphics card in the performance menu, but the problems are not solved.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop 2020 on Windows.

Would you mind sharing the version of Windows you are running and check if there are any Windows updates available for the system?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Please backup your actions, brushes, etc. before you reset the preferences. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've already made windows updates.

It is Windows 10 pro.

I reset the preferences of Photoshop.

I unistalled and reinstalled photoshop, lightroom classic and bridge.

But the problems are not solved.

I specify that problems described occur only in photoshop.

When I run camera raw by bridge, cursor don't flashes.

Thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, which version of Windows 10? you can see it in Help>System info (paste it here, so that we also know which version of Ps and ACR...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

here:

Cattura.JPG

Windows 10 pro - version 1909.

I noticed another thing: if I move on the toolbar with the keyboard, instead of the mouse, I can select correctly the menus.

I've tried to change and use another mouse, but problem persists.

Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bongiorno.

Do you use a windows scaling setting?

What are your scaling settings in the preferences>interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Wacom board? To me this sounds like possible issues with Windows Ink and the Wacom drives. I have had somewhat similar oddities happening connected to this. Allthough my troubles have never been this severe, so could be something else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have a wacom board

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but might be worth having a look at your Windows Ink settings anyway. Just do a search in Windows and you will find the settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is I can see in Windows Ink settings:

Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Italian? Can't read it :). But looks like its disabled, as far as I can see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. When using a mouse (either the trackpad on the laptop or external usb mouse) the calibration is totally off; experiencing as mentioned above. However, when flipping my laptop into tablet mode and using a pen the problem goes away. The problem also goes away when my laptop is connected to a monitor and the display is split. However, when the display is duplicated and I use a monitor the bug still takes effect. This is a really annoying issue as I can't use photoshop while I'm in uni with only my laptop. Any suggestions on how to fix (I've uninstalled and gone back as far as 21.03 and still the problem exists) would be of great help! Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you also use a convertible laptop/tablet, like J.Kendall does in the thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving the cursor over sliders in Camera Raw has no immediate effect.  Sometimes the slider will move sometime later.  Double clicking on the slider after it has moved off its preset starting point will not move the slider back to start point.

The cursor smoothly moves sliders in Photoshop actions such as Adjustment Layers Levels.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Bridge to no avail. Also reset Preferences Presets to no avail.

Windows 10 Pro

Installed latest drivers of all critical devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines