• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cyrillic in Photoshop

Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having done a search on the forums it seems to me that Adobe does not support the use of Cyrillic fonts in Photoshop.

Does anyone know is any such support will be forthcoming?

Thanks.

"Also posting directly to Support"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

I don't know what version of Photoshop, Windows or OSX you have, but Photoshop does support Cyrillic if your OS does.

You must have a font that supports Cyrillic installed on your PC or Mac.

Minion Pro

Arial

Times New Roman

Microsoft San Serif

Then Photoshop's Type Tool can enter or paste it in your document.

I'll assume you already know how to set up your OS for keyboard input of Cyrillic.

Where to find more: Cyrillic Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what version of Photoshop, Windows or OSX you have, but Photoshop does support Cyrillic if your OS does.

You must have a font that supports Cyrillic installed on your PC or Mac.

Minion Pro

Arial

Times New Roman

Microsoft San Serif

Then Photoshop's Type Tool can enter or paste it in your document.

I'll assume you already know how to set up your OS for keyboard input of Cyrillic.

Where to find more: Cyrillic Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your help.

I did go to Adobe Support and did not get a resolution and I'll just leave any comments about that unsaid lol.

I don't actually type in Cyrillic but I do Use Google and Bing to help me translate and copy into Notepad which displays the Cyrillic correctly.

It is when I paste into Photoshop (which is the current 2017 CC version) when it went wonky for lack of a better word lol.

I used Cyrillic Fonts link and read the LinoType article with respect to fonts etc.

One of the fonts it said that can be used with/for Cyrillic is Palatino. I have this on my PC and selected it in Photoshop and lo and behold perfect Cyrillic displayed.

So once again thank you for the help and I will make sure I keep the article should I want to try other fonts in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download fonts that have specific cyrillic characters, this site has plenty of types. You can even download Aurebesh, which is the font from Star Wars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with 3rd party font sites and don't know if what they offer is legit or pirated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's legit as far as I know, unless you go to a torrent site you won't get the premium fonts for free anywhere, believe me, I've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines