• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between Photoshop CC 2019 and Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a photo abo from Adobe and there are offered two Photoshop versions. I have both installed but I realized that one has the CC in it's name (Photoshop CC 2019) and on comes without the CC (Photoshop 2020). To be honest, this is extremly confusing, since if I select "versions" in Creative Cloud Desktop both shows me 21.0.2

Adobe, can you please make this more usable? Which one can I install and is the older one? Please hlep.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop CC 2019 version 20.0.8 is the previous version older one and 2020 version 21.0.2 is the most recent version, you can of course uninstall CC 2019 using the Creative Cloud app if you feel that Photoshop 2020 is working fine for you.

2020-01-06 11_57_18-Mail - Inbox - IBM Notes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped using "CC' in it's 2020 versions. The Creative Cloud Desktop app will use these version numbers to tell you what you have, and what needs updating. The weird thing is that you're describing it listing 2 of the same versions! Have you tried quitting and restarting the Creative Cloud desktop app? 

Another option might be to sign out of your account in the Desktop App, then sign back in again. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.52.32 PM.jpeg

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kind of feels as though Adobe is being deliberateley vague here. 

Is there an attempt to migrate Desktop users to the Mobile version of the app by making them appear the same?  - I'm curently running 20.0.9 (?) I think, anyway Desktop with the nice 'boxey' logo.

Recently, all I can see in Creative Cloud Desktop App, when I look at Updates is the sad looking soft cornered logo associated with the mobile version - which I Do Not Want!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install the mobile version on your desktop — you can only install it on a newish iPad (and vice versa).

The rounded logo simply indicates there is a mobile version. You can install the 2020 version with the rounded logo and it will be the desktop version on your desktop (or laptop).

The mobile version does not have all of the features of the desktop. It's only in version 1.0 and still has a ways to go. It's a nice start, though.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe's new branding identity (crisis).

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/01/adobe-releases-new-photoshop-logo-as-part-of-evolving-band-identity...

I don't care for the new icons.  But don't let them confuse you. The current trend is borderless, rounded corners and a new "warmer red" Adobe logo that's as subtle as a 5 alarm fire. 

If you're interested, there are discussions in other product forums about hacks you can use to get the old icons back on your system.   But Creative Cloud desktop app is what it is.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines