• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging/dropping layers from one document to other does not work in Photoshop 21.2.1.

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola desde que actualice a la última versión no puedo arrastrar layers de un archivo de un documento a otro como lo hago normalmente con versiones anteriores esto hace que se retrase mi trabajo ya que tengo que hacer desde el menu en la ventana de layers, como se puede corregir ese error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

This is not a fix but a work around. Select a layer in the Layers panel and copy it using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control + C. Go to your other document and paste using Command/Control + V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot drag/drop layers from one document to other in Photoshop 21.2.1.

This is a know issue and our engineers are working towards a fix.

The current workarounds are:

• Arrange the image windows side-by-side, then dragging will work.
  • Window > Arrange > 2 Up Vertical.
  • Using the Move tool, drag layer from the Canvas
  • Dragging from Layers panel to image tab using both mouse buttons
  • Right click layer > Duplicate > choose appropriate open document

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please get this fixed ASAP. It's killing my production time. This is one of the reasons I hate these cloud apps. Each update I have to figure out how to fix stuff that's broken from the previous release and wasting my time in the process. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a fix but a work around. Select a layer in the Layers panel and copy it using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control + C. Go to your other document and paste using Command/Control + V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines