Edit > Open as Layers - LR to PS not working

Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm  having issues in PS where my images won't open as layers when I choose Edit > Open as Layers in PS.

PS will open and a couple of layers will work but it then stops with 2 tabs open, one of the tabs could have a couple of images as layers, but will include a layer saying 'Load Layers' and then another tab will have one of the other images on it.  Not all images have also been loaded.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening?

13D1E01B-F7A3-4562-86F6-ED455675FC84.jpeg

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edit > Open as Layers - LR to PS not working

Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm  having issues in PS where my images won't open as layers when I choose Edit > Open as Layers in PS.

PS will open and a couple of layers will work but it then stops with 2 tabs open, one of the tabs could have a couple of images as layers, but will include a layer saying 'Load Layers' and then another tab will have one of the other images on it.  Not all images have also been loaded.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening?

13D1E01B-F7A3-4562-86F6-ED455675FC84.jpeg

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the function "Open as layers in Photoshop" is not working in Lightroom Classic.

Which version of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are you using and what is your operating system?

Could you please take a look at this discussion Lightroom: 'Open as Layers' in Photoshop doesn't work | Photoshop Family Customer Community  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue after the recent updates. Everything is up to date on my Macbook Pro and my Adobe software. Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D 

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

Sorry for the late reply. The Reset Preferences did work. 

Thank you for your help.

David

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you figured out how to fix this... I'm having the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems everytime there is any problems with Photoshop, the Reset Preferences fixes things. This is quite a pain for sure, but in my case, it did resolve the issue and I haven't had any problem since.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0