• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser has a mind of its own

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until today I have happily used the eraser tool, but today it's developed a mind of its own. It doesn't matter whether I drag and release, or click and release, it gives not only what I've erased, but a diagonal erasure as well. If I do a straight line erasure it extending the line beyond the start point.
I can't see anything that's difference about the settings, I've tried different photos, but it's the same. It also happens if I use the paint tool. 
I'm almost certainly missing something obvious, but I've no idea what. Help please!

Example photo attached 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You're not alone, bug has been reported HERE

You can add a link to this thread in that forum

You can also revert back to 21.0.3 from the CC app

2020-02-21 10_28_16-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged. I've reverted to the previous version and it's fine. I'm waiting for the company to upgrade my computer to Win10 so may be a conflict with Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening on Windows 10 pc's as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just updated this morning and I thought this was why, it was driving me absolutely crazy. Every time I'd draw anything I'd get a line shooting off to the top left just like the eraser in this one is. 
Jeez, did they even test this, at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"did they even test this, at all?"

Seems not, another couple of bugs highlighted so far, I went back to 21.0.3, only Adobe can introduce updates to fix things that actually breaks things, well that's not entirely true Microsoft and Apple have been known to do that too 😃

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/ps-21-1-0-problem-with-opacity-fill/td-p/10935274?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/21-1-0-transform-tool-alt-clic-to-set-axis-point/td-p/10939...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you using Photoshop 21.1.0 and a wacon pen via WinTab API for Pen support there a bug the will bite like that. You can switch to using Windows INK API you may not have issues with INK

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to 21.0.3 and fix the issue, but BE AWARE if you do, you may lose any actions you've made and saved. I just lost mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just happened to me today. I have Elements 2019 installed, with no earlier versions. I have not made any updates to my computer since the last time I used Photoshop. My eraser is all over the place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines