Highlighted

Error saving photoshop files to google drive

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, whenever I make a change to a Photoshop file that is saved on Google Drive and then try to save those changes, I keep getting this error:

Could not save “(filename)” because of a program error.

We use Google Drive at my job to save and share files between coworkers and computers. It has never been an issue until now.

I either have to delete the original file and save again or save as something else which is annoying and when you're trying to save your work as you go. I don't have any problems saving over a file that is on my hard drive. It's only when saving over a file in Google Drive.

I'm using macOS Catalina (version 10.15.16) and the most current version of Photoshop CC. 

There has to be some way to fix this. Help please!

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error saving photoshop files to google drive

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, whenever I make a change to a Photoshop file that is saved on Google Drive and then try to save those changes, I keep getting this error:

Could not save “(filename)” because of a program error.

We use Google Drive at my job to save and share files between coworkers and computers. It has never been an issue until now.

I either have to delete the original file and save again or save as something else which is annoying and when you're trying to save your work as you go. I don't have any problems saving over a file that is on my hard drive. It's only when saving over a file in Google Drive.

I'm using macOS Catalina (version 10.15.16) and the most current version of Photoshop CC. 

There has to be some way to fix this. Help please!

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop only officially supports saving to a local drive. See link below for info on troubleshooting saves to a network:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Mary98BC LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a software update for my macOS Catalina and it seems to have solved the issue for now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0