Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

guide circle on several tools disappear randomly

Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this sound familiar to anyone? -

I'm using photoshop CC, editing some JPG's. I'm using the quick selection tool to select and deselect different areas of the photo.  Suddenly, and apparently for no reason whatsoever, the guide circle around the quick select tool disappears, leaving just a centre cross - the actual selection doesn't change.  The guide circle doesn't disappear due to it's size, or the amount I've got the picture zoomed in or out, as when I click somewhere on the picture, a circle of selection appears around the cross quite visibly.

Sometimes it will seem to appear again just as randomly as it disappeared, but sometimes I have to restart to get it back.  It also affects other tools with a similar guide circle around them such as paintbrush etc

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm accidentally clicking a shortcut which changes the appearence, but it's happened a few times and I can't get my head round it - if anyone can help me out then please do!

thanks,

Tom

Regards, aTomician

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

if I'm accidentally clicking a shortcut which changes the appearance

The Caps Lock key will make the change from circle to cross.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I'm accidentally clicking a shortcut which changes the appearance

The Caps Lock key will make the change from circle to cross.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see why you have over 3000 points Norm-bet your right

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will just get a cross if the brush size is very tiny. Next time it happens look on the tool bar to see what the brush size is. I don't see how this could  happen so randomly though. Are you using a mouse or a tablet? Try resetting the tool as shown.

brushsize5.png

reset.png

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. It has reappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all, that's good, i searched everywhere for somewhere to help me with this, so i didn't think it was a bug else it sould have been found ages ago.  just tested it out and the Caps Lock does change it, i must have been pressing accidentally as i use several keyboard shortcuts, i obviously don't know them all! 

Thanks again.

Tom

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines