• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to recover corrupted jpeg file?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have transferred my images from SD card to flash drive after shooting. After that i have shoot many images. When i connect my flash drive to pc it was blank and i lost the data. i have recovered it. Problem is that i am unable to open it or view it in any software. Recovered file is not 0kb, It has 4mb and more.. How can i get it back.. Please guide me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth running a recovery app on the SD card.  You'll probably be unlucky, but you never know.  We used to get a wee CD with SanDisk CF cards with Sandisk Recovery Pro.  I think I have a one in the draw here, but you should be able to find a DL.  You might be able to use the same software on the Flash Drive, and I am thinking you have a better chance with that.   There are about a trillion hits for that if you Google.

Anyone want to recommend one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look here: https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/free-methods-to-repair-corrupt-jpeg-files/

This is an informative article about JPEG corruption and solution. May be it helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems while recovery the data the file got corrupted.

Try to go to the properties of the Jpeg file and check Extension of the file.

If that is correct then

The last resort will be to use a recovery tool

like the one below- JPEG Repair Software | Repair Corrupted/Damaged JPEG Files*

* This is not an Adobe Tested or recommend tool. Its an third party application

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gotta agree.... they might be gone.  Sorry to hear about that.

It is always wise to drag and drop images from the SD cards directly to an external hard drive, and then maybe even back them up to a cloud server.

I also keep buying new SD cards..... and then if I really really really want to after a (long time) I delete the files from the SD card.

Not to say that data can not be corrupted when transferring to a backup system..... things happen.  All you can do is always try to save things in one or two places.

Like mentioned above you can try a recovery app.  But do not expect to get the images back.  Lucky if you do.

Really sorry to hear about this.... I have had similar things happen to me when working on my older computer.  Different graphics programs would stall in the saving process.  And of then I would I have to start all over.  One thing I do now when editing is to resave a project in stages.  This way I can easily go back to a certain point.  Sounds silly.... but it has saved me different times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can often fix issues like that provided that the actual data is still in the file. If you want you can sent me some files so I can examine them.

Another option is to recover them with better software. 99% of all photo recovery software is either a dumbed down generic file recovery or undelete tool, or it's a simple header/footer scanner. Both are unable to recover fragmented files due to a limitation of FAT32 or exFAT, most used file systems on memory or flash cards. Once a file is deleted or lost after formatting the card, FAT chains pointing to the exact clusters of a file are zeroed.

Only an advanced carver like JPEG Recovery LAB will be able to restore complete and intact files.

Good luck!

Joep

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Recovered file is not 0kb" that means it is not recovered.

You may try other recovery tool like Erelive Data Recovery, Dataownerclub Data Recovery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried the Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery - Home tool to recover your files? if not then i would suggest you to download this software to recover your lost files from the storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If users precious photos files and folders corrupted from pen drive, SD card or memory card. Then, no need to worry about that, I am sharing with you one informative article that helps your to recover your data.

To know more read about the article please click this: https://www.vistablogger.com/how-to-recover-permanently-deleted-photos-from-sd-card/

You can also watch this videos to make recovery easy:

https://www.vistablogger.com/how-to-recover-permanently-deleted-photos-from-sd-card/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines