Highlighted

How to unlock "index" layer?

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned a piece of handwriting as a PNG document. I then opened it in Photoshop CS4 and, under Save for Web and Devices, optimized the image (which included removing some ugly red lines that were on the original paper). I then saved the document as a gif.

WhenI opened the new gif file, however, I discovered that the image is now on a locked layer, named "index." How can I unlock this layer -- or can I?

As I mentioned above, I removed some reds in the original image when I optimized it. I'd like to create a new background layer in the gif that will fill the transparent lines that were created when I removed the colors. If i can't unlock the new gif's "index" layer, can anyone advise me on how to create a new background layer/color?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to unlock "index" layer?

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned a piece of handwriting as a PNG document. I then opened it in Photoshop CS4 and, under Save for Web and Devices, optimized the image (which included removing some ugly red lines that were on the original paper). I then saved the document as a gif.

WhenI opened the new gif file, however, I discovered that the image is now on a locked layer, named "index." How can I unlock this layer -- or can I?

As I mentioned above, I removed some reds in the original image when I optimized it. I'd like to create a new background layer in the gif that will fill the transparent lines that were created when I removed the colors. If i can't unlock the new gif's "index" layer, can anyone advise me on how to create a new background layer/color?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2011 4
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image > Mode > RGB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2011 21
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2011 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnak you. I would never have figured that out.  !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!  this was driving me nuts!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019 2
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after 8 years, this helped me with my VA assignment for Year 7 school. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0