• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot mute a video clip like

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier you could right click on a video clip, and then mute the sound. For some reason I do not get that option any more, instead there are options for motion, such as pan and zoom.

How do I mute the sound on a video clip, and use the sound on a audio file instead.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

It sounds like your video clip is in a smart object.

Double click the smart object in the layers panel and it should open as a separate document and allow you to access the original clip. Close and save when you have made your changes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your video clip is in a smart object.

Double click the smart object in the layers panel and it should open as a separate document and allow you to access the original clip. Close and save when you have made your changes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem in PS 22.2.0.  I open a .MOV in PS, mute audio, or convert to a smart object and mute, Save (which seems to create a .psb file), and is muted when I play in PS. 

I open an mp4 in PS, mute the audio and works fine in PS. 

But when any of these are rendered to an mp4 output, the audio resurfaces.  How do I kill the audio so that it won't propogate?

Thanks

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lasers100 wrote:

convert to a smart object and mute, Save

Follow the directions and screenshots from @davescm in this thread where you posted.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/i-cannot-mute-a-video-clip-like/td-p/9813293

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Yes, I did that when the clip was a smart object.  No change in the behaviour I see.

I also tried with a different mp4, simply opened in PS, not as a smart object.  Muted the track, can't hear it on playback in PS.  But when exported the audio has returned.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you mute the audio , in the playback controls or on the clip itself?  Right click the video clip and turn down the audio (or click mute) for the clip

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave

You nailed it.  I muted in both the playback control as well as the icon in the audio track bar.  Right clicking on the video to access audio is not something that leapt to mind, but that silenced the exported track.

thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines