• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Installed PS CS6 64 bit and 32bit

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased PS CS6 and the install process installed the 64 & 32 bit versions. I am running Win 7 64bit, do i need both versions, what are the benifits of this? can I uninstall the 32bit without creating problems? I also have LR 64bit installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both versions are supplied in Windows OS as some filters and TWAIN only work in 32 bit mode.

Do not believe you can just uninstall the 32 bit version.  You can uninstall CS6 and then only instll the 64 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep the 64 bit version by unchecking it under the CS6 unstaller under Windows x64.  (Control Panel > Software and Programs > Adobe Photoshop CS6) The 32 bit version will be removed.

IMO doesn't hurt to keep both. Most of my files do not require more than 2GB ram and I can use the 32 bit Twain plugin with my scanner. 64 bit PS does not have this. Then there are plugins from third parties that may not support 64 bit yet. So it's nice to have around. It won't get in your way,Bridge calls up 64 bit Photoshop by default and graphics files associations go to the 64 bit version,unless for some reason 32 bit is open.

Let's see what others say. I'd be interested.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32bit version is installed on Pcs I believe because some third party plugins are not available with 64bit application support.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replys.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks also from me for these answers. Downloaded the upgrade today and had the same questions. Will leave all of the installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thanks from me. I wasn't sure why both versions were selected for ps and ai for design standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still using the CS6 in 2023. 

[Mod: Please don't reactivate such very old, more than 10 years, thread.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines