• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

justifying text paragraph in photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble justifying text in a paragraph. not all the options are available. I am looking to justify all so the text is in a block with no indents either side of the paragraph. I can see the option in the paragraph formatting window but am unable to select it. the only options I can select are with ragged edges on on or both sides of the paragraph.

what can I do to allow access the the "justify all" option.

regards,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Not all justification settings will show in the Options bar. Click inside the paragraph with the Type tool and open the Window > Paragraphs panel. All of the justification options will be shown across the top of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the Paragraph Styles palette and double-click on the Basic Paragraph line you can change the paragraph style options. Select Indents and Spacing, then from the Alignment drop down menu you can choose various justify types. Most likely you will want Left Justify, so that the few words on the last line go to the left. If you want even the last line to fill the width you would choose Full Justify, but the last line may look very stretched out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all justification settings will show in the Options bar. Click inside the paragraph with the Type tool and open the Window > Paragraphs panel. All of the justification options will be shown across the top of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers, but it still doesn't work.  I am in Photoshop CC 2020, and having the excawt same problem.  All the "Justify" options SHOW, but only the 3 on the left WORK.

Can you help?

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 8.55.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel / William,

When you're in the text feature, go to the top of the program menu and click on "Layer", then in the drop-down menu click "Type", then select "Convert to Paragraph Text" from the drop-down menu (since it is currently in 'Point Text' mode), and those other "Justify" options should now be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really helps me. Thank you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was just having this problem in one of my graphic design classes and this solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines