• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Extensions missing after updating to Photoshop 22.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest update of PS all my 3rd party plugins are gone. I was trying to reinstall them, but still, they're not appearing in the program. The only thing that's still working is Raya Pro, but it's installed with the Creative Cloud plugins section. 

Does anyone have any idea how to recover the "old" plugins that suppose to be visible under the "window" menu? I was trying to reinstall the plugins, both with a script and manually ad it doesn't help. Maybe there's some different folder now where I should put the extensions that I'm not aware of?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

-> Filters work when working on an image until you load an image they are gray. I think the problem is the one discovered by Piotrek, old extensions cannot be enabled in preferences and plugins. We hope for future updates. Maybe Adobe could warn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Hi All,

We're sorry that some old Extensions are missing for you after updating to Photoshop v22.3

Please note that Extensions are not supported for Mac computer using the M1 processor. Please try and find plugins with the same functionality or contact the extension owner to get your extensions ported to UXP to run as native on M1 devices.

You can still use the older extensions in emulation mode if needed. However, you would need to install the extension while running in Rosetta emulatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there are some Andrea around the world indeed. And probably it is Adobe managing what comes after the name so ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? 3 different Andrea's are posting at the same time about same problem, though I never met any other over this forum for past 5 years? Hm, I thought you're employees of the same company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be we all like M1 chip and update as fast as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry that some old Extensions are missing for you after updating to Photoshop v22.3

Please note that Extensions are not supported for Mac computer using the M1 processor. Please try and find plugins with the same functionality or contact the extension owner to get your extensions ported to UXP to run as native on M1 devices.

You can still use the older extensions in emulation mode if needed. However, you would need to install the extension while running in Rosetta emulation mode on devices with Apple Silicon M1 processors. Older CEP extensions will not install when running in native. See: If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac

There are few features not available on Apple Silicon. Also there are some known issues in Photoshop with the native M1 support , for details, see: Photoshop for Apple Silicon

We appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luckily Apple has seen fit to develop Rosetta 2, for Adobe we could have stayed with the 8086 microprocessor !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't you merge to this topic also this one: M1 Mac silicon problem with plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for answering. I do have a Mac, but I'm still on an Intel chip. I don't have auto-update enabled, but somehow Window -> Extensions was suddenly named Window -> Extensions (Legacy), and most of my extensions (Plugins) are not listed. What's up with that?

For the sake of troubleshooting I tried updating plugins and Photoshop, couple of restarts and clearing preferences, but nothing changed. I'm not in the mood to reinstall as I doubt it'll work to be honest.

You sure this disabling of plugins only is for M1 chips? The plugin worked at the end of March, I don't understand how it suddenly didn't work anymore.

I've probably used more time troubleshoothing this, than that plugin will ever save me, which is sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! i am running Photoshop 2022 on the Intel Macbook Pro, and my 'Extensions' turned into 'Extensions - Legacy' and I am unable to use the extension that I purchased for quite a lot of money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash Sharma First of all, thanks for you answer and precisions.

I am surprised that the same CEP extension (with exactly the same js/css/html files) works perfectly within InDesign & Illustrator on an Apple Silicon target (which was also the case with version 23.0 of photoshop).

So, is it a technical problem introduced in the last update or a choice of Adobe to stop now the CEP support, which was, indeed, announced deprecated for some time ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Mr. Akash.  You guys certainly are not unaware of this and could have taken some time to save our plug-ins, that many of us use for work and are not easily replaceable as you seem to think.  A little customer care would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not like you CAN NOT USE Plugins AT ALL...
You can, but you need to use the Rosetta X86 Translated version.
*See the last post on this thread. with the video on how to do that. 
Although I agree, I want the arm M1 power, not the emulated version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Photoshop update 22.3 appears to disable the extensions on my M1 Mac. Going into the photoshop preferences, the enable legacy extensions is greyed out in the plug ins menu and the extension selection does not show up in the window menu. Any work around for this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to the opening post, I have tried:

• Reinstalling Photoshop
  • Resetting preferences
  • Resetting photoshop settings
  • Tried to reinstall the extensions

Reinstalling the previous version of Photoshop (intel based running under Rosetta 2) does enable the extensions again. Looks like a M1 Mac issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry Matt M123, you don't need to go all this way, just go to the applications folder and with the right mouse button on PS choose get information and choose open with Rosetta 2. You will see that you can see the extensions again. It's like using regular petrol to fuel a Porsche !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! its worked..

Macbook Pro M1 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt M123, when you switch Photoshop to native, you need all native Extensions and Plug-ins. It may take a year or so for all your favourites to have new updates for you to buy, and some may never do it. For now, M1 performance is great, but for many people, using your usual plug-ins will mean we just can't. This will apply to every single Adobe app as they go down the native route. And Apple have said we must all do that in the next 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have recently installed version 22.3 on my MBP M1 and I immediately saw an increase in the speed of execution of the commands. But I can't find my extension that I had installed in the version under Rosetta 2. Actually, I really don't see the possibility of finding extensions but only plugins. Has there been a change or will there be an update for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! On Windows, I recovered the Extensions Panel by clicking Preferences> Plug-ins and enabling "Enable Developer Moderator" and "Load Extension Panels" (both were not enabled). I just clicked on the little box next to each option and the extensions came back. I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean "Enable Developes MODE" (not Moderator, sorry!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi does anyone have a soloution for the m1 version of photoshop released today as no plugins show up at all. The extensions link is also missing from the window folder. If I use rosetta mode the extensions work.

Anyone have any ideas?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. No plugins show up in Filters menu. I've already tried to uninstall and install again the plugins with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears that there is a temporary solution to this issue. You may run the new Photoshop version under the Rosetta system. Right-click on the photoshop app, get info and then click the option to run as Rosetta.

This of course implies giving up on the advantages of fully using the M1 but I hope it is temporary and will not be necessary whjen Adobe will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines