Highlighted

Open as Layers has stopped working - Photoshop 2019

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am using the latest Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC.

My workflow often sees me selecting multiple images in Lightroom and choosing; Edit in --> Edit in Photoshop CC 2019 --> Open as Layers in Photoshop.

Both apps are updated and this functionality appears to have stopped working?

Photoshop opens and when it finally stops the import i am left with the two files separately loaded and two layers, one of which is one of the layers and the other is labelled Load Layers.

Any ideas as to what has gone astray?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open as Layers has stopped working - Photoshop 2019

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am using the latest Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC.

My workflow often sees me selecting multiple images in Lightroom and choosing; Edit in --> Edit in Photoshop CC 2019 --> Open as Layers in Photoshop.

Both apps are updated and this functionality appears to have stopped working?

Photoshop opens and when it finally stops the import i am left with the two files separately loaded and two layers, one of which is one of the layers and the other is labelled Load Layers.

Any ideas as to what has gone astray?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening, as you're using Photoshop 2019, could you try updating it to version 2020 and Lightroom Classic to version 9.2 via the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution to this? I'm experiencing the same thing.  thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue when trying to open raw files as layers but if I upload jpegs it works ok. I'm assuming the raw files are too big. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0