Pen Tool drawing only anchor points and no path.

Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like the subject line says, I've run into what looks like a serious bug in Photoshop 22.3.0. When I try to draw a path using the Pen Tool no path is displayed at all when it is drawn. The anchor points are the only thing showing up visible. I've rebooted my computer system and that hasn't fixed the issue. This glitch makes the Pen Tool worthless while the bug persists.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up post: I launched a new document and tried the pen tool there. It worked properly. Then I went back to my previous layout and it started working properly there too. Edit: the behavior is intermittent. Sometimes the paths will draw properly. But then it goes back to not drawing paths at all. When I zoom in tight the buggy behavior returns.

Another observation: If I start drawing a fresh "work path" it will draw out properly. But if I double click on the Work Path in the Paths Palette to "save" it any new paths being drawn lay down without any paths, just anchor points. This is definitely a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bobby Henderson 

This bug has been reported to Adobe. You can add your comments to the feedback forum where the product developers will see them:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

The workaround is to create a work path and name it, or return to 22.2 using the CC app.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sort of glad to find I'm not the only one running into the issue. Hopefully the development team will have a fix released soon. For now, I guess I have to leave a dummy Work Path present in the paths palette to get other named/saved paths to behave properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Bobby Henderson. We are hoping it is fixed in the next patch.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same issue recently. I find that restarting Photoshop usually helps. It certainly is a frustrating bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Adobe would test their products more thoroughly before release and update, but I suppose it's more profitable to use the free Beta testers (aka the paid subscribers) to locate any issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Already wasted 2 hours on it. Please fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the maintenance update Adobe released yesterday would address the problem. Unfortunately it has not. It seems the only easy workaround is making sure a Work Path is present in the Paths Palette in addition to any other named paths there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May 4 2021 and I'm having the same issue...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines