Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.0.1 always freeze or it´s too slow

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some problems with Photoshop 21.0.1 version lately...It was working ok a few days ago, but now it looks like an eternity to open completely (almost 5 mins to open and to close too). Every time I open a file, it´s not updating that "Recent Files" opening page..sometimes updates, sometimes not...And it´s taking too much time to open a simple file (not too heavy, a small jpeg, for example). Plus, there is a kind of zoom that I like (on Preferences panel) that don´t work...

I had installed the 21.0 version before, but it was too slow and I can´t barely open because it was always crashing...so far, the version that I had not too much problem was the 20.0.10. But it´s the last version available on that list...soon they will remove that from the list...

Do you know which version is ok to work without too much problems? I miss my old Photoshop CS6...

Thanks,

Erika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on? You can try updating the application to the latest version (21.2.3) to check if that helps.

You can also try optimizing the preferences for Photoshop to check if that helps. You can check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on? You can try updating the application to the latest version (21.2.3) to check if that helps.

You can also try optimizing the preferences for Photoshop to check if that helps. You can check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Windows 7, my RAM is just 4GB, my processor is Intel Core i5 3330 CPU/ 3.00 GHz, 64bits.

I will try to ajust the preferences and see what happens...I uninstalled that 21.0.1 version and installed an older version now (20.0.10), because it was working better before.

I had tried to install the most recent version a few weeks ago, but it didn´t work (simply don´t open and freeze).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 4gb of ram you will not be able to work on larger files. Probably only very small files.  How much disk space do you have for a scratch disk?  If that is also very small then your solution is more ram and more scratch space.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 1 TB of space in my disc. I´m using just 70GB of this space so far...my disc is almost empy than almost full...

I did some ajustments in my Preferences and now it´s working better...but with the older version (20.0.10). I am not going to update for a new version so soon...because it´s just headache for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had install the 20.0.10 version and did the optimizing in Preferences, like the link you posted above. Now it looks so much faster, at least it´s not crashing or slow as a turtle...

I am not going to update for a new version so soon, because if this version is working, I don´t want to change...

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're glad that optimizing the preferences has helped. Since you are using an older processor (i5 3330) and 4GB RAM, it may be the reason for the slow performance with the latest version.

Please check the minimum and recommended system requiremenets for Photoshop 2020 here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html#MinimumsystemrequirementsforPhotoshop

If you have a dedicated graphics card on the computer, please ensure you have the latest drivers for the graphics card installed on the machine.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the tip and for sending me the link with the system requirements...I plan to buy a new computer next year, with 8GB instead just 4GB, but what kind of processor is better?

Thanks,

Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can opt for any of the new offering from either Intel or AMD. Please ensure that the processor meets the minimum requirement as stated in the article we shared earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines