• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1 running very slowly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else experiencing photoshop running slowly?

I m even getting lag while scaling up in brush size.

Very frustrating!!

Running Photoshop 21.1 

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 15.40.34.png

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 15.43.14.pngScreenshot 2020-03-05 at 15.43.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated and instantly got performance issues, in my case all real time previews for i.e. direct Hue and saturation take almost 2 seconds to show on screen. It's annoying indeed. I downgraded to the previous version and it's all working fine, BUT it reset all my presets to DEFAULT. Not sure if there's a way for me to load everything as it was before, so that's also really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For future reference you can backup your settings before uninstalling PS, there's a lot of bugs with version 21.1 on Windows as well, not a good update at all 😠

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, 

Yes I'm running on Windows too. I didn't think of backing up settings since it loaded them before after minor updates when running the same version (2019 or 2020).

I'm advicing everyone around me to not update. It's very frustrating to just lose all your settings.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye, I'm noticing different performance issues across the board.

Gonna downgrade now. Adobe are far too hasty releasing newer versions, noting but issues for people.

Bad business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, there's been some behind the scenes changes that can affect the interactions with Photoshop, please be very specific on which operations are slower, how you perform them (shortcut, tool, menu...), please give some info about your setup, and once replicated by others, please search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible (OS version, GPU drivers, exact procedure used to perfom a given task). They won't be able to fix one tool if they just get a "Photoshop is slower" feedback. Even though they also perform some tests, there are so many ways to perform an action in Photoshop that it is impossible to test every interaction possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Even though they also perform some tests, there are so many ways to perform an action in Photoshop that it is impossible to test every interaction possible."

What a load of Bollix, Why release software that not 100% tested. as much as  Id love to have the time to test and offer feedback on software that I pay a monthly subscription for, LOL. I'm a little to busy trying to earn a living at a slower than usual rate, thanks adobe. I'll just use the previous working version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm running on windows 7, 

• Upgraded from 21.0.3 to 21.1.
  • Restarted Photoshop, I continued working on a file
  • Needed to adjust saturation for a layer via Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation.When sliding any of the bars, the instant preview was not working correctly and didn't show the changes in real time in the image, and it only appeared on screen when released, after at least 1 second.
  • Checked all of the settings in case something was reset to defaults. All the performance, Disk Cache and other settings were OK, same as I had them in the previous version.
  • Restarted Photoshop again, problem persisted. Opened a new file , single layer, without anything else running, just to check if I was having some performance problem outside. Problem still persisted.
  • Restarted the computer, and repeated the same tests, problem persisted.
  • Decided to Downgrade to previous version , 21.0.3, and the problem is gone. Still, downgrading resets every setting to default, but configured everything back to  my usual settings, and no issues appear to happen at all.

Thank you very much for checking on this, I hope this is useful enough.

Some of my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Version: 7 SP1 6.1.7601.24408
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3403 MHz
Built-in memory: 16342 MB
Free memory: 10316 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14950 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 69 %

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
VRAM - 2048 MB - HyperMemory 1200 MHz
Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are basically asking the user base to Quality Assurance for Adobe? Good grief.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try noticing your screen shots.

Try these one at a time to see if it improves.

1. Make the Drobo your scratch disk and promote to primary. Restart Photoshop.

2. Turn on Legacy Compositing. Restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am feeling guilty already, bc I am writing you to ask how to incorporate brushes back in to my Photoshop.

After 2 days tech support for other issue (Mac + Catalina) that was resolved but my brushes vanished. I don't know how to find a link to get them back ! Yes I tried tutorials but to no avail. I am a senior/so require patience for sure...I had brushes for grass, and glitter/glow and a full array but now just a very few and none I know.  I looked at Adobe site and one can buy some for 30$ a month, but I don't need that I know how to create the glitter like a halo on an angel, myself.  Hope I have not made you angry ! Cynthia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines