Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Backup

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I wanted to back up my important Photoshop files such as my brushes/plugins/extensions/actions/texture etc etc etc because I think my ssd is dying XD

So I know I can just reinstall PS but Im not sure if I would ever be able to recover all my "addons" just the way they are. So best if I backup now. Im new to PS and Im unsure what files should I backup ? I heard I cannot just backup the whole Photoshop folder n that it wouldnt work, Any help? =/

Cuz either I sux at googling or Im a big dum dum for searching google and came up with nothing for the past 5 hours xD

Thanks guys  !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

You use the various save/ load options in the flyout menus of the palettes and the preset manager, respectively. everything else is bound to be trouble - a single damaged preset stored in one of the main PSP files can render everything completely useless.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the various save/ load options in the flyout menus of the palettes and the preset manager, respectively. everything else is bound to be trouble - a single damaged preset stored in one of the main PSP files can render everything completely useless.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi stephiebunnie,

first of all I want to wish you good luck with your SSD. Just to be sure I suggest even to manually backup your "presets" folder who is located just inside the Photoshop folder. If everything goes bad at least you will have a backup copy of your extensions (brushes, textures, swatches etc.) even if you have to manually restore it.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines