• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop creating a debug.log file when you open a PSD File

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime I open a PSD file. Photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. How do I turn this off?

Untitled

[Moderator note: PS-55193]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not seeing the issue here with version 21.2.2, did you open the log file to see what information it contains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did open it, it opened in Notepad and it was just empty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file is created every time I open psd, jpg, etc. through windows explorer, but only if the program has not been launched before. If you start Photoshop first and then double-click the file, or if you use the "edit original" function on the linked file in Illustrator or InDesign, the debug.log is not generated.

Every time 3 lines are added to it:

[0817/194909.990:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(57,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(65,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same exact thing here, same values and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have 21.2.2 and experiencing this, getting a debug file in the same folder where the image is saved. Below is the the content of the log file but I am not sure if it's the same one all the time.

[0821/112231.376:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0821/113833.475:ERROR:media_internals.cc(112)] Cannot get RenderProcessHost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est la même chose pour moi 😞 Same for me

Debug Bloc note

[0910/173706.514:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. From the last update every file I open Photoshop create an empty debug.txt file in the same directory of the image opened and this file cannot be deleted until Photoshop is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here >>
[0820/073837.435:warning:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(57,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(65,8-42): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with a little bit longer error message >>

[0820/074917.085:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(65,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

[0820/075313.837:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0820/075313.974:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(69,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(77,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: Open a file by double-click creates a "debug.log" file in that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, double-click opening jpg in v. 21.2.2, created debug.log in source folder:

[0820/162342.476:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0820/162342.671:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(69,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(77,9-43): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! But the file is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in. Mine is empty as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PS started doing the same after the latest update. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it may be indicative of a problem with the update. Sometimes the log is empty, sometimes not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here as well.

Similar bug as a few months ago with Acrobat..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since most recent update August 2020 a debug.log appears in the location of the first PSD opened - on the desktop or in a folder.   I'm using Win 10 64 and its Photoshop version  21.2.2 20200807.r.289 2020/08/07: 287d0d87ec x64.  Shouldn't debug files be located in a Photoshop system folder?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's worth reporting it as a bug on the Adobe Feedback Forum and add a link to this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange, but Photoshop stopped creating the debug file when I installed the previous version of the program. Photoshop 20.0.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is August 21 2020.
I'm experiencing the same issue, and have been for a few days now. I keep getting alerts from my cloud storage service about "unresolved issue; unable to sync" regarding this debug log file that is (automatically) created everytime I launch PsCC (version 21.2.2 20200807.r.289 2020/08/07: 287d0d87ec x64), and placed in the same folder of whatever Ps file I open...

What gives?
The debug file in question is devoid of content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe caught Microsoft's illness. It is amazing how many bugs and fixes are released. Each update fixes an error and creates another one. In fact, Adobe has not been the same for a long time. I think there is a lack of competition. I miss Photoshop 7 that just worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

"[0821/191223.026:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(65,8-27): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! 

[0822/183321.866angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. You can avoid the debug file being created if you open files from Bridge rather than double clicking them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines