Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cs5 lighting filter

Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! the lighting filter doesn't appear in my "filter", how i can download it and where?

Avec la version cs5, je n'ai plus l'effet éclairage dans Filtre>rendu.. où est-ce que je pourrai télécharger ce filtre ou est-ce qu'il y aurait une sorte de remplaçant à ce filtre dans la version cs5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean lightening, as in the weather phenomenon, or lightening, as in to make something lighter? If the latter, then look in the Image > Adjustments menu for levels, Curves, or Brightness Contrast or try using an Adjustment Layer.

If the former, then GFE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe he means the Lighting Effects filter, which is no longer present in CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe he means the Lighting Effects filter, which is no longer present in CS5.

Actually, it is available in CS5...but under 32bit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's spelled "lightning" to mean the weather phenomenon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact, i must have this : 7.jpg

if the solution is the 32 bits mod, what must i do ? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Photoshop CS5. Open the Adobe Photoshop CS5 folder, select the CS5 application, then Command/I to open the Get Info window. Check the 32 bit button and relaunch PSCS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I was wondering why it wasnt there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vigus44,

It appears from your screen shot that you are on a Windows box.  Please be advised that you have inadvertently posted in the Photoshop Macintosh forum.

Therefore, the advice given to you by Frank Heller in his last post in this thread does not apply to you, though it is accurate for Mac users.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears from your screen shot that you are on a Windows box.

Oh...that's funny. I saw French and completely missed the UI diff. Sorry 'bout that.

I read somewhere that the Windows version of CS5 comes with two separate apps. A 32bit and 64bit ? Is it only a matter of launching the 32 bit version? I dunno.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank Heller wrote:

…I read somewhere that the Windows version of CS5 comes with two separate apps…

So did I.

Frank Heller wrote:

…Is it only a matter of launching the 32 bit version? I dunno.

Neither do I, Frank.  Yet I assume so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i know, this picture comes from pc but i have a mac, it must be something to do to have this "lighting" on mac no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vigus44 wrote:

yes i know, this picture comes from pc but i have a mac…

Then please follow Frank Heller's instructions in post #5 of this thread.

Also, please note that the correct term is "Lighting Effects".

Lighting_Effects.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help?

screenshot_01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank,

In your last post, you inadvertently ended up replying to me rather than the OP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Late night freak-out. New to Adobe with CS5 and working on a 64 bit Mac. Do not have the checkbox above "Locked" that says "Open in 32 bit" like your screenshot. Mine says "Shared Folder." Shared Folder is the only box I have the option of checking. I do not seem to have any way to get to my lighting effects! I have an assignment due tomorrow evening, so can anyone help me figure out what to do? I am new to this Mac and new to Photoshop with CS5. Thanks. P.S. I am using the Student Version of CS5 Design Premium which I called on about ten times and was assured by Adobe ten times that it was exactly the same as the non-student version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

China Carnella wrote:

Hi,

…Do not have the checkbox above "Locked" that says "Open in 32 bit". Mine says "Shared Folder."

China,

It sounds like you are selecting the Photoshop folder in the Finder.  You need to highlight the Photoshop application icon, not the folder that contains it.

China Carnella wrote:

… the Student Version of CS5 Design Premium which I called on about ten times and was assured by Adobe ten times that it was exactly the same as the non-student version.

It is.  Absolutely identical, except for the price. 

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh YAY! Thank you so much!! That actually worked. Awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you!! I got it yeah but now a last question, it's better to keep the 32 bits version or juste change it to do some lighting effects ? thanks for all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice is: use the tool you need for the job.  If your use of the Lighting Filter is only occasional...then I'd suggest switching over to 32bit mode only when you need it. Alternatively, if you still have PS3 or PS4 resident on your machine, simply launch the image you need to use Lighting Effects in the older versions and cut 'n paste the results back into PS5 running in 64 bit mode.

Seems to work pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines