• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 File>Scripts>Export Layers to Files Error!

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm really frustrated and know very little about actions and scripts in photoshop. I create storyboard sequences on layers. I want to save each layer as a jpeg in a sequence. When I researched how to do this I was directed to use Photoshop CS6's export layers to files. 99% of the time it it brings up an error. Some times it's an error number some times it's just an error.  Last year when I first learned of this script, I got it to work once. After a series of restarts and immediate use of the script after booting up the program, it worked once at that moment. And then immediately went back to errors. To this day it gives me 2 different errors:

Error 519: Server interface error"

-Server interface error ' No component returned from CreateWidget'

Line: 395

->  dlgMain.pnlFileType.pnlOpotions.grpJPEGOpotions =

dlgMain.pnlFileType.pnlOptions.add("group");

or-

Error 1: Unable to create Window

- Server interface error 'No component returned from CreateWidget'.

Line: 239

->   dlgMain = new Window("dialog", strTitle);

It's not limited to just this script in particular. Most of the scripts give me an error except for Flatten all masks and Flatten all layer effects. Those serve me no purpose but they are the only two scripts that don't bring up an error.

I've tried restarting my computer, closing and reopening photoshop, refreshing Photoshop preferences, checking open document tab preference, and reinstalling photoshop.

I've downloaded the custom script from http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/1961/export-photoshop-layers-to-individual-png-file...

and when I try to use it I get a different error that reads -

Progress bar resource is corrupt! Please, redownload the script with all files.

I have re downloaded and tried opening the script from my desktop and from the photoshop script folder. Same error appears when I try to use it.

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to make my own action that does the same thing as 'export layers to files'. I have an action that saves each layer, but it keeps overwriting itself. I don't know how to record the 'save as' without having the action overwrite the previously saved item.

I don't know how to read script, or how to write it. And I don't understand why it doesn't work.  Please help me.

I'm using Photoshop CS6, on a laptop pc, running Windows 7. I have 4.00GB of RAM, Intel i3 Processor, and 64 bit Operating System.

Are there any other specs you need to know? Please let me know if there is anything I need to better clarify. Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Do you have all the CS6 updates. What does your CS6 menu Help>System info show as you CS6 version level for example:

Version 13.0 or 13.0.6 or 13.0.1.3 or 13.1.2 here is mine

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.1.2 (13.1.2 20130105.r.224 2013/01/05:23:00:00) x64

Windows Perpetual should be at version 13.0.1.3 Windows subscription should be 13.1.2

If your version level is 13.0   I saw many Actions and Scripts fail when CS6 updates were not installed.  I could not use CS6 till the first CS6 update which took

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all the CS6 updates. What does your CS6 menu Help>System info show as you CS6 version level for example:

Version 13.0 or 13.0.6 or 13.0.1.3 or 13.1.2 here is mine

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.1.2 (13.1.2 20130105.r.224 2013/01/05:23:00:00) x64

Windows Perpetual should be at version 13.0.1.3 Windows subscription should be 13.1.2

If your version level is 13.0   I saw many Actions and Scripts fail when CS6 updates were not installed.  I could not use CS6 till the first CS6 update which took Adobe five mounths to make after releaseing CS6.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it' seems I was running

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x32

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

I pressed update and installed update button. I wasn't aware cs6 needed updating since I bought it after cc came out.

Also my OS is 64 bit. Should I be running photoshop at 64 bit? does it matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 installer may install both the 32bit and 64bit versions by default.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I did update my cs6 and opened photoshop CS6 64bit and tried running the ' save layer as file' script. The script worked on two separate files.

I will post back here if it stops working, but for now it looks as if the problem is solved. Thank you so much! This will make my life so much easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines