Photoshop spot healing brush leaving black spots

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
I have a strange problem. 
my spot healing brush are leaving black stains. (Se photos) 

C5947070-3F53-4CD8-895C-742E95C94BBF.jpeg

51D64CE7-1A8C-49C0-A121-758E25663808.jpeg

also I have a simulator problem with my clone stamp where when I can pick up the clone but after I tries to add the clone over my tripod here, it takes a few seconds and a big black mark is added. 

3DC4ED6A-97A2-4362-ABED-3EF11483A545.jpeg

does anyone have similar problems or know how to fix this issues. 
I am a beginner at Photoshop. 
//Freddy

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeming your full screen, it's hard to say, but it looks like you might have an adjustment layer above the layer that you are retouching, and it is adding that extra correction to your retouching. Make you you have the tools set for current layer only, or turn off any adjustment layer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Every area I try to heal just leaves black as if I were painting. Have gone from 16 bit to 8 bit, worked in both RGB and Grayscale. Same result.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Only way to get rid of it is to zoom in or out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. I'm having the same issue. I get the black painting where I'm spot healing. It only goes away when I zoom in or out. I have tried resetting the tool. It keeps happening.

Healing tool Issue.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is fixed!!!  I reset the preferences.

EDIT-->  PREFERENCES -->  GENERAL -->  Check off  RESET PREFERENCES ON QUIT. Close Photoshop then start it back up. Preblem resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out on my own for days. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gladysa LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I'm glad it helped you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines