• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Video layers problem - two frames act as one.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create frame by frame animation using Timeline and Video layers, but depends on document's fps some two frames would act like one. When I draw something on one of them, same drawing appears on the other, if I delete one of these frames, photoshop deletes both and the problem remains for new frames.

The only thing I mange to do with this problem - is to cut the Video layer, shrink cutted part for that problematic "slave" frame and then stick them up together as a Video group and it becomes a MESS!

I'm working on a complex animation with 60~ frames and lots of layers, so i can not afford to have such a monstrosity in my project! Please help!

My Video Layers have the same fps as my projectПроблема с кадрами.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your layers palette. This happens when you mess up the layer order and states across frames.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested, to me it happens when I create blank document, change fps from 30 to 16, and add one video layer: 4th and 5th frames already have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone test this? Because my friend did and had the same resluts as I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried but so far I've not been able to replicate this issue here in CC2019 on Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I even installed Photoshop 2017, and I still got this problem! Its killing me, please help!

I made a video where you can look at what happens with those frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'll be more sepcific: when I work with video layer after some point in time one becomes the copy of the other before it, and when I edit one of them all the changes appers on the other.

I've googled everything I could but didn't find anyone discussing this problem, noone have had same bug, guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i have the same issue... i'm dying right now. i can't find any solution... any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I'm running at 16 frames a second. The fourth and fifth frames merge.  I would wager that Photoshop is having problems with trying to fit 16 frames into one second for some reason. If I change the frame rate to 15 the duel frames at 4 and 5 become one again and everything is fine. For my purposes 15 fps is close enough for what I wanted. Although this is a definite bug in PS, I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines