• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't stop crashing macOS Catalina 10.15

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open files and all but as soon as I start simple tasks like resizing it just crashes, over and over again. I've tried a fresh install, resetting preferences, disabling Grahipcs processor, checking legacy compositing mode, changing monitor resolution, nothing works. It's making my work impossible! Please check error below, please help!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you always experienced this behaviour or did it start recently?

Suggest you start by updating Catalina to 10.15.4 Supplemental Update 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started recently. Will try the update and check back but is was crashing with previous versions as well. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Catalina but no luck. It keeps crashing and I have to force quit everytime...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest Photoshop version 21.x?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 21.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you post the contents of help>system info... so that your configuration would be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if that's what you mean but here it goes, please let me know if not. ThanksScreen Shot 2020-05-08 at 17.52.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing despite having installed all upadtes, both for Photoshop and MacOS.
Since last Photoshop update (21.1.3) every time I move from Photoshop to another app/browser the artboard/work area turns dark grey and I need to click something to be able to see my work again...
I don't mind that too much, considering it keeps freezing all the time. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same has been happening to me. 3-4 times a day. It was recommended I reinstall the system software. I did. Didn't help. Just installed the update (5/28/20). Didn't help. I have 2.7 TB of free space. Seems to not be able to run Photoshop and Final Cut together.... or either one alone, if files are medium-large.

Been using a Mac for 25 years. Stuff like this never happened in the Steve Jobs era.  I've had more trouble in the last 5 years than the previous 20 combined. This is killing my ability to work.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 143.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7
Serial Number (system): D25ML06MF8JC
Hardware UUID: D469B096-BBF0-53C7-88D1-EE08DA39D04B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, mine too. I can only think that it started since upgrading to Catalina... Tried everything suggested and still no solution. And no help from Adobe here so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem - in the last week photoshop freezes on simple tasks over and over again. All software and OS is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now September -- has there been no resolution to the problem? Is it going to be necessary to uninstall Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

How about reverting to the previous Photoshop version?  I'm using 20.0x which is very stable on my Win system.

See this related discussion.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-21-0-1-crashing-on-macos-catalina-10-15-1/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that reverting falls back in the same problem as reverting the OS. I pay for the Adobe software to work on my system and have checked basically all discussions before posting here, no luck at all, as well as trying all possible suggestions to fix it. It's just not acceptable that a company the size of Adobe can't help sorting this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do have choices. The latest version of Photoshop has many reported bugs.  Until those are sorted out with dot releases, I prefer to use an older, stable version of PS.  There's nothing wrong with using older software versions if they perform well on your system.  If you're still not comfortable reverting to an older OS or PS version, I don't know what more to suggest except contact Adobe Technical Support via online chat.  Use a good browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers.

Log-in below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click on the chat icon.

Chat iconChat icon

In the chatbox, type AGENT followed by enter key. Wait for a human to join the session.  NOTE: wait times may be longer than normal due to Covid-19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No resolution whatsoever. In fact some of the photoshop updates released juts made it worst.
I had formated my macbook pro just before upgrading to Catalina so it's very unconvinient to revert to Mojave... especially because it's not recommended to run older software and all...
Not happy at all and it's been a drag to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines