• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please bring back "mouse mode" tablet support in PS

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is now I can either draw without pressure sensitivity or switch to pen mode and gain pressure sensitivity, but feel like I'm drawing with my non dominant hand.

I can't be the only one who is disappointed that the Adobe team still haven't brought back support for mouse mode (or relative mode). I used to think that it wasn't such a big problem, because I could always download CS6 where it worked, but following a reinstall after a computer crash I painfully realized that CS6 is no longer available for download. This kinda broke my spirit for a while.

Drawing in mouse mode is a little like being left handed, ie, when you try to do things the normal/pen mode way that people always recommend everything feels very awkward and difficult to control. Sure its doable, but pretty it is not. We are a smaller minority and I understand that we are probably not at the top of the priority pile. As a member of that minority though, I feel it's my resposibility to shine a light on the matter and raise the question once again: Is there any way we can bring back the full mouse mode tablet support including pressure sensitivity? I know it was done in Animate, which in the beginning didn't support mouse mode, but had it added later. This was amazing. Ever since I've been hoping for a similar thing to happen to PS. If it was doable in one program surely it can be done in another?

I would very much appreciate any help on this. PS is the best at what it does, and I would hate to lose it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has insight into this matter. I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pro if anyone was curious.

Oh and please for the love of drawing don't answer something like "just use pen mode - duh problem solved ". Not only is this not helpful, it's actually counterproductive as I'm genuinely trying to solve a legitimate problem. Thank you for understanding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Please post that here:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

This is the actual Correct answer (answered by adityan96768838 on this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-get-pressure-sensitivity-in-mouse-mode/m-p/11605263)

Create a textfile in a text editor such as Notepad.
Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post that here:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback I posted it over there as well.

I'm hoping to get in touch with someone who knows more. Do you know if the Adobe staff are on the forums, or is this more like a screaming into the void kinda scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are occasional posts by staff on this forum.  The link given above is monitored by Adobe Staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the actual Correct answer (answered by adityan96768838 on this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-get-pressure-sensitivity-in-mouse-mode/m-p/11605263)

Create a textfile in a text editor such as Notepad.
Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines