• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems activating photoshop CS3 [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I used photoshop 10 several years ago then upgraded to CS2 and CS3 paying for the upgrades etc. Now every time I launch photoshop I get a message

saying I have to reactivate photoshop and get a new serial number. I got the new serial number and downloaded the new software but i'm still getting the reactivation message. Also, the software available to me is for photoshop 10 so I can't open RAW files as this version of photoshop didn't have this function. And yet I got the serial number of the CS3 upgrade dvd case. I've been on adobe chat about four times but no one seems to be able to help. They're come to the conclusion that I need to pay now for a more recent version of photoshop. Very frustrating! Can anyone help? I have work ready to process but can't get on with it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.  Customer Care Agents cannot help you.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes because I spoke to a person via the chat facility on the Adobe website. Why do you think some files have been removed which shouldn't have been? Even before that conversation, I'd had a couple of other conversations with people at Adobe about downloading photoshop 10 and using a new serial number but every time I downloaded it, I couldn't open any RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need authorization code. See enclosure.

Thanks.

Karel Sehyl

[email removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, it's just unusual for the real Adobe (as opposed to fake Adobe reps) agreeing to help with an old version, so I was concerned. Maybe you're trying to use it on a too-new system, a lot of people try to take it past the end of realistic life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok maybe you have a point but it was working fine until a few days ago when I got the reactivation message etc. A shame really. I've downloaded a trial version of Adobe Photoshop CC2018 but can't seem to view more than one RAW image at a time which is a pain when you want to apply the same settings to several images. Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How and where do I get the new installer and the new serial number? I have CS3 purchased on a CD. It is perfectly adequate for what I do and I don't want to spend more cash on a fancier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From here:

Creative Suite archive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I obtain the New Installer? For CS3 that does not require reinstallation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 3.57.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is dead. You cannot activate it and the activation-free version is not available. Contact Adobe directly for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.  Customer Care Agents cannot help you.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nancy. I took your advise and bought a copy of 2020 elements. It took a minute to get used to the new program but I like it. It isn't my comfortable old favorite, but it will be eventually. There are a lot of new things to discover, however if you are just looking to edit your favorite pictures or restore the old ones like I do you can still do that easily enough on the "Expert" setting. The more I use it the more I like it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines