PS CC does not start, missing DLL

All of a sudden my PS CC refuses to start,

I'm on WIndows 7 Ultimate x64. Latest Photoshop CC app, recently updated via Adobe Create cloud desktop app.

2018-08-20_1914.png

Initially stated missing "winml.dll". I asked my friend to send me one. he found it on his Windows 10 (not on his Windows 7 Ultimate !!!) laptop.

Now my PS CC complains about "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll". I have a feeling that if I happen to find that one it will require something else.

It is possible that it looks for the full content of some missing Vsiual C++ Redistributable package named vcredist_x64.exe, or maybe vc_redistx64.exe, or whatever similar name, but I can't find any of those either.

I have 2,000 images to process before the upcoming weekend, please help!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

PS CC does not start, missing DLL

All of a sudden my PS CC refuses to start,

I'm on WIndows 7 Ultimate x64. Latest Photoshop CC app, recently updated via Adobe Create cloud desktop app.

2018-08-20_1914.png

Initially stated missing "winml.dll". I asked my friend to send me one. he found it on his Windows 10 (not on his Windows 7 Ultimate !!!) laptop.

Now my PS CC complains about "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll". I have a feeling that if I happen to find that one it will require something else.

It is possible that it looks for the full content of some missing Vsiual C++ Redistributable package named vcredist_x64.exe, or maybe vc_redistx64.exe, or whatever similar name, but I can't find any of those either.

I have 2,000 images to process before the upcoming weekend, please help!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by lambiloon
Adobe Community Professional
| Adobe Community Professional

hmmm you have to install windows 10 i think

11 Replies

Re: PS CC does not start, missing DLL

Update:

found the DLL in question at www.sts-tutorial.com (OK, please don't start questioning my decision of downloading binaries from 3d party sites)

PS swallowed it whole and now is complaining about "api-ms-win-eventing-provider-l1-1-0.dll".

I got tired of this piece-meal process, downloaded a dependency walker from dependencywalker.com, pointed it to PS executable (sorry Adobe, I don't want to reverse engineer your cash cow, but I'm out of options), and it came with a nice tree of modules, including DLLs it could not find:

1. API-MS-WIN-CORE-COM-L1-1-0.DLL
  2. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
  3. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
  4. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
  5. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
  6. API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-0.DLL
  7. DCOMP.DLL
  8. GPSVC.DLL
  9. IESHIMS.DLL

Funnily enough, the eventing provider DLL PS was complaining about was even not on the list.

Anybody got any idea where to get those DLLs in one pack? Or maybe how to reinstall Adobe CC completely, because reinstalling PS does not seem to do anything?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Tried to uninstall everything, used Adobe Creative cloud cleanup tool - same stuff. Same darn DLLs missing.

Adobe, you there? I was looking for customer support chat, only none to be found...

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Aug 20, 2018

hi try to update your windows i think that will solve that problem because you updated the software it has some new features that are related to new files not found in windows 7 may be windows update can fix it.

thank you

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

That was my first gut response, however, I am not aware of any reasonable way to do that, except reinstalling the whole damn thing over and thus losing all the configured apps I'm using. That would be several days ordeal, I'm still trying to consider something less drastic.

If you know of such a way, please advise!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

no run windows update not install windows 10 update other small updates which are related to windows 7 will help i think

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I wish it was that simple...

2018-08-20_2208.png

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

hmmm you have to install windows 10 i think

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

If I don't fix this thing within the next couple of days I might have to, I hope it does not get to that. Kinda silly of performing major OS upgrade just because some 3d party app has a bad day...

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

yes its important

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I could not wait any longer, so I pulled the plug and upgraded my W7 machine to W10.

All the problems gone.

Thank you for listening!

PS

Adobe: as a paying customer I really expected some attention. Apparently, I was too naive to get any.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Aug 22, 2018

welcome always please mark answer correct .... thanks

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines