Highlighted

Repairing damaged adobe photoshop .psd files?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my project folders got deleted in a freak accident. I won't go into it, but I recovered one of the .psd files using a commercial undelete program (Fast File Undelete from DTI Data). It didn't work (go figure) and whenever I try to open the .psd file photoshop (7.0) shows a message box that says, "There was a problem reading the layer data. Read the composite data instead?" When I click the Read Composite Data button another box shows that reads, "Could not open '[file name]' because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop."

It seems kind of like it is very close to working, because there is even a thumbnail. I also recovered a handful of .jpg's and .tga's, which are also broke. Does anyone know of a utility that could attempt to repair a .psd, .tga or .jpg?

PSD Repair Kit that safely repairs damaged Photoshop files and gives you the repaired image in original format along with the repaired layers and the corresponding bitmap file.

-Repairs PSD files developed using any Photoshop color mode

-Repairs corrupt PSB ('large document format') files

-Repairs images with PDD file extension

-Provides bitmap image of repaired Photoshop file

-Supports Adobe Photoshop CS5, CS4, CS3, CS2, CS1

DOWNLOAD SETUP FROM HOMEPAGE : http://www.psd.repair/

SECOND FREE SOLUTION:

Sometimes Photoshop is adding a few bytes in the beginning of the file when the file is saved, and then the same Photoshop is giving an error and complains about that files... All you have to do is to delete that unnecessarily group of bytes.

Assuming that you already know what is a HEX editor and how to use it I'll write here a few steps you can do before opening a "corrupt" PSD file:

1 - Make a back-up (copy) of the file before making any changes.

2 - Open the "corrupted" file in an usual HEX editor (NOT text editor!) and look for such groups of character just in the beginning: 8BPS and after a few bytes 8BIM another group of bytes and again 8BIM.

3 - This succession should be respected strictly: 8BPS ... 8BIM ... 8BIM. These groups should be very close to each other and it's easy to find them.

4 - Delete all bytes before 8BPS group (Shift+Delete) and save the file... 😃

5 - Open it in Photoshop and Enjoy.

Hope it works for you, for wide info click at:- http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7041fd54-6d06-466d-9bf0-308458606851/how-to-make-photoshop-file-recovery?forum=w7itprogeneral

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Repairing damaged adobe photoshop .psd files?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my project folders got deleted in a freak accident. I won't go into it, but I recovered one of the .psd files using a commercial undelete program (Fast File Undelete from DTI Data). It didn't work (go figure) and whenever I try to open the .psd file photoshop (7.0) shows a message box that says, "There was a problem reading the layer data. Read the composite data instead?" When I click the Read Composite Data button another box shows that reads, "Could not open '[file name]' because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop."

It seems kind of like it is very close to working, because there is even a thumbnail. I also recovered a handful of .jpg's and .tga's, which are also broke. Does anyone know of a utility that could attempt to repair a .psd, .tga or .jpg?

PSD Repair Kit that safely repairs damaged Photoshop files and gives you the repaired image in original format along with the repaired layers and the corresponding bitmap file.

SECOND FREE SOLUTION:

Sometimes Photoshop is adding a few bytes in the beginning of the file when the file is saved, and then the same Photoshop is giving an error and complains about that files... All you have to do is to delete that unnecessarily group of bytes.

Assuming that you already know what is a HEX editor and how to use it I'll write here a few steps you can do before opening a "corrupt" PSD file:

2 - Open the "corrupted" file in an usual HEX editor (NOT text editor!) and look for such groups of character just in the beginning: 8BPS and after a few bytes 8BIM another group of bytes and again 8BIM.

3 - This succession should be respected strictly: 8BPS ... 8BIM ... 8BIM. These groups should be very close to each other and it's easy to find them.

Hope it works for you, for wide info click at:- http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7041fd54-6d06-466d-9bf0-308458606851/how-to-make-photoshop-file-recovery?forum=w7itprogeneral

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have any recommendations for you, but I'm in a similar boat, so I'm hoping someone jumps in.  As far as the jpgs, I've had a little bit of luck with Bridge opening jpgs that other viewers wouldn't.  I looked into programs to repair raw, extract the jpg from raw, and repair jpgs...   and so far all I find is a bunch of low budget software with few reviews and relatively high costs given how cheap the software looks.  I've had trouble finding a reliable review, but haven't had a lot of time to look into it.  I'll look around this weekend and let you know if I find anything useful.  Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SECOND FREE SOLUTION:

Hope it works for you, for wide info click at:- http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7041fd54-6d06-466d-9bf0-308458606851/how-t...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case i dont find any bytes before 8BPS group please help me how to find ? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stellar Phoenix PSD repair (Link) can also be used to repair the corrupt files. It has shown tremendous result for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO it didn't. It spewed out (after waiting for a lot of minutes) a flattened BMP file and thumbs DB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various common reasons which cause corruption in PSD files and once it gets corrupted you will not able to view the content image. The best way to fix corrupted or damaged files in few simple and safe clicks is to use a repair tool. This plays very significant and vibrant role for repairing corrupted Files of different Adobe Photoshop versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to add SysInfoTools Photoshop recovery tool to repair your corrupt PSD, PSB and PDD files effortlessly. This software smartly recover all the images along with its constitute layers. It is recently launched and available with free version to try and test before purchase.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines