• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resizing issue / jagged lines in PS CC 2019

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to CC 2019 I have been having trouble with resizing. it seems no matter what I do in reference to resizing an image/layer in photoshop the result ends up cracked / jagged. This have never been an issue for me before.

Anyone else experiencing this ? Or know how I can work around it?
For now I have been going back to photoshop 2018 whenever I´m doing something I need to 100%.

I'm working on late 2015 iMac 5K retina (32 GB ram, 4 GHz Intel Core i7)

As an example look at how the window trim and green line on this car ends up after I downscaled the layer to match the frame I´m working in.
This should be consistent lines and not jagged. I'm using free transform.

sstrouble.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

@vizdesigner

@Aadde01

Guys, I finally fix this! It's absolutely easy  (as usually): When you are in transform mode (cmd+t) you must set correct "interpolation" on upper bar. For example Bicubic or automatic or smooth modes works well. @Good luck!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing this image? You need to be at 100% to see the true image. What does it look like at 100%?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa
The viewing of this example is not relevant as this is a recurring problem. however I view it.

Let me do another example, exported.

I did the exact same procedure in cc 2018 and 2019.
Create an 800 x 800 pixel document, open a photo. drag it to my 800x800 and resize it (downscale) to fit the frame.
Then export for web in Maxiumum jpg.

Notice the difference?

First one: cc 2018

lambo_cc2018.jpg

second one cc 2019

Lambo_cc2019.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check Preferences > General > Interpolation?  It's looking like it might be set to Nearest Neigbour.  Just about anything would be better than that, but the default 'Bicubic Automatic' works

Then check the same thing in the Image Size panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Trevor.
Unfortunately, both (cc2018 and cc2019) was set to Bicubic Automatic and Automatic in Resample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Aadde01, I have the same problem. did you solve it somehow?

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. I am creating digital art for xbox and playstation stores and we keep seeing jagged lines. I can't find a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vizdesigner

@Aadde01

Guys, I finally fix this! It's absolutely easy  (as usually): When you are in transform mode (cmd+t) you must set correct "interpolation" on upper bar. For example Bicubic or automatic or smooth modes works well. @Good luck!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much!!! It cause me so much problems, no it's all ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem here.

My work requires image cutouts for a web. So I always do some object cutouts from the original image and place it on 300x 300 pixels with white background. Using Photoshop CC 2019, the result always ends up jagged & creates zigzag edges.

I have done the preference, general, image interpolation but it didn't work. I also check whenever I go CTRL + T and try the interpolation option one by one, but none of it could make any better quality.  This is frustrating to me. Then I tried to use Photoshop CC 2017 and compared the result after cutting out and resizing object.

The first image with CC 19 happened to be cracked after I rezised and made some adjustments with the free transform. But then in the 2nd image, I did the same treatment (cutting object selection & free transform) in CC 17, and yesh it ends up so much better with smooth edges. Is there any setting that I missed in cc 19?

using photoshop cc 2019using photoshop cc 2019using photoshop cc 2017using photoshop cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines