Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roll back to previous version of photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to roll back to a previous version of phtoshop : version 21.2.1 or before
but creative cloud doesn't give me this possibility.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-20 233620.jpg

Any clue on how to do this ? 
Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

@davescm is correct. Adobe offers the current version and the one previous. Dot releases are only for the current version. That's why I never uninstall and I keep all old versions.

If I try to install 22.0, CC says it will remove 22.1, but I'll cancel.

jane-e_1-1605917217088.png

ProDesign Tools says their direct link to download CC2019 still works. You can try that in addition to Customer Care.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You get to that screen when you select Other Versions from the Ellipses.

jane-e_0-1605913759671.png

It appears that PS 21.2.4 is already installed and you can open it from the CC app. (See the Open buttons on my screen.) If you want to install 22.0, you need to deinstall 22.0.1 first.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jane-e

Thanks for your reply.
i still want to roll back to previews version because of issues with dual brush option.
photoshop version 21.2.1 is the one i want and not 21.2.4. i don't have any option to get it in creative cloud.

if it's not possible to have the 21.2.1 why not maybe i can go back to a previews version like the version 20 for exemple.

i can see it in the screenshot your creative cloud interface. But Creative cloud doesn't give me this possibility, I juste have two options :

Capture d’écran 2020-11-21 002701.jpg

is there a mysterious trick to get it ? 

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane is spot on. You have both versions installed and can open either 22.0.1 or 21.2.4 from the CC desktop app, no need to roll back.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dave,

thank for your reply.
i still want to roll back to previews version because of issues with dual brush option.
photoshop version 21.2.1 is the one i want and not 21.2.4. i don't have any option to do it in creative cloud.

if it's not possible to have the 21.2.1 why not so i can go back to a previews version like the version 20 for exemple.

Anyway Creative cloud doesn't give me this possibility. i juste have two options :
Capture d’écran 2020-11-21 002701.jpg

Any clues ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know you can step back in major versions e.g. 22.x,  21.x etc  but not minor versions e.g 21.2.x 21.2.y

You could try Adobe customer care and ask for a direct link to the version you require

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm is correct. Adobe offers the current version and the one previous. Dot releases are only for the current version. That's why I never uninstall and I keep all old versions.

If I try to install 22.0, CC says it will remove 22.1, but I'll cancel.

jane-e_1-1605917217088.png

ProDesign Tools says their direct link to download CC2019 still works. You can try that in addition to Customer Care.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave and Jane,

Thank you very much for your help, you solved my problem.

I have donwloaded CC 2019, @jane-e  thank for the link !

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Romain, Dave and I are both happy that we could help. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines