Highlighted

Rotate canvas / scrubby zoom issue in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have problem using scrubby zoom on rotated canvas in Photoshop. At certaing rotate angles, scrubby zoom zooms into bottom right corner of the image instead to the mouse cursor position. It is either PS 2020 bug or I may have change some settings in PS using keyboard shortcuts, but I am unable to find which. I am using PS 2020 on Macbook Pro with Radeon 560 GPU with Catalina OS installed. Tried "reset PS preferences" - to no effect. Does anyone have encountered similar issue? Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rotate canvas / scrubby zoom issue in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have problem using scrubby zoom on rotated canvas in Photoshop. At certaing rotate angles, scrubby zoom zooms into bottom right corner of the image instead to the mouse cursor position. It is either PS 2020 bug or I may have change some settings in PS using keyboard shortcuts, but I am unable to find which. I am using PS 2020 on Macbook Pro with Radeon 560 GPU with Catalina OS installed. Tried "reset PS preferences" - to no effect. Does anyone have encountered similar issue? Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2019 16
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble caused as the Zoom tool is not working as expected on a rotated canvas.

We have identified this as a known issue and our Engineering team is looking at it.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 7
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any news on getting this sorted? This is slowing up production immensely.  Is there a work around?

Cheers,

Garry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Incidently I use a Wacom Cintiq screen - could be clash here?

Cheers,

Garry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Garry,

I found this thread after encountering the same issue. Using an Intuos tablet here, so it's not the Cintiq causing the problem. Guess our best bet is to wait for a patch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for this.  Like you, I am sure this relates to the Photoshop as I re-installed the previous version and it works fine.  Just need to wait for patch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here!
please fix it soon, as it's driving me crazy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,
Can you give us an update about this issue? Please keep us in loop when your Engineerung team worked it out.
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, this one needs to be addressed quickly... very frustrating. For now, I've opened up my Navigator panel in the lower corner and click on the part I was working on. Has anyone else found a better workaround?

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 5.21.37 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I think...  

Problem replicated, or initiated, as follows:

1. rotate canvas

2. scrubby zoom moves canvas, not zoom.

3. reset rotate canvas back to 0 degrees

4. scrubby zoom works as intended

I'm looking forward to a solution.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to add to the bug report here, which has been reproduced and acknowledged by Adobe : https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/zoom-tool-bug

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same issue after updated it to 2020 photoshop.

Can't figure out how to make it work normally...

I also use Macbook Pro with Catalina OS

DId you figure out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same trouble here. Happens on a Cintiq as well as a mouse. I like the navigator window idea...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1