Highlighted

Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM" appears defective.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i start Photoshop CS3 this error msg appear

my monitor is SyncMaster 2232BW

I have read many post about this problme but i didn't understand how to solve this problem

hope someone explan to me "in easy word"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM" appears defective.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i start Photoshop CS3 this error msg appear

my monitor is SyncMaster 2232BW

I have read many post about this problme but i didn't understand how to solve this problem

hope someone explan to me "in easy word"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2007 1
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you have to (re)calibrate and profile the monitor.

Rob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2007 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do u mean by "(re)calibrate and profile the monitor"

what do i have to do exactly ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2007 0
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have once installed that profile, you can try that again.

Or use a hardware device like Spider, or X-rite to calibrate and profile the monitor.

Or, if you have Adobe Gamma in Control Panel, use that (not ideal)

Rob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2007 0
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. It was actually photoshop telling me the samsung software was defective. They have not issued a fix. When I opened pictures on the Windows viewer they came out yellowish, that is how I could tell it was a general problem with the Samsung software. The tech support at samsung is lousy. They seem clueless and not very bright. We have three samsung monitors with three different computers at work and they all do the same thing. The way I solved the problem was to change the color profile to a better one that makes the pictures look more natural. On Vista this is how I did it.

Right click on the screen. Hit Personalize>Display Settings>Advanced Settings> Color Management> Color Management (again). In the dialogue box that comes up check "Use my settings for this device" at the top. Then near the bottom click on 'ADD'. A list of various color profiles that you can use comes up. I clicked on 'Adobe RGB' to add to associate it with my Samsung monitor. Than I clicked OK. Then back in Color Management I set the Adobe RGB as the default for the monitor. Then close all the dialogue boxes. After I restarted the computer everything was fine and error messages went away and colors looked great.

Before you close the Color Management dialogue box you may want to hit the 'All Profiles' tab. There you will find a list of all the Profiles that are installed on the system and whether they are for printers or displays or other.

This is all new to me and I am no expert, it just seems to work.

Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2007 0
Rise22 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many years, this still crops up - but thank you for your help - this solution works!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Mentor ,
Dec 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richards Advice is not the best.

You need to recalibrate your monitor using a hardware calibrator. really cheap calibrators are just that really cheap and don't give the best results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2007 0