Exit

Save as TIFF instead of TIF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am using Adobe PhotoShop CS6 version 13.0

When i want to save as a JPG file SAVE AS option comes with TIF/TIFF (Pls look attached image)

But it can't save TIFF...It saves TIF

I know both are same but my software engine uses TIFF

I want TIFF not TIF

I looked edit/preference but cant find anything?

Any idea?

Regards2020-03-06_10-18-00.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Your file name is IMG_6745.tif. Just append another f to the existing f by clicking into the "File name" field and you have a .tiff file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

No, Really, @mauricep27921461 is correct. There is no difference, the actual name for a .tiff is Tagged Image File Format, .tif only came about because of constraints in some computer file systems.

here is a url explaining http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/protocols-formats/difference-between-tif-and-tiff/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can overtype to make it TIFF or fix the software engine. TIF is the much more common file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to make TIFF in Photoshop CS6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file name is IMG_6745.tif. Just append another f to the existing f by clicking into the "File name" field and you have a .tiff file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny boy :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Really, @mauricep27921461 is correct. There is no difference, the actual name for a .tiff is Tagged Image File Format, .tif only came about because of constraints in some computer file systems.

here is a url explaining http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/protocols-formats/difference-between-tif-and-tiff/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my suggestion too. I didn't know I was so funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.tif and .tiff are the same.

.tiff stands for Tagged Image File Format.

.tif as used where some file systems had to use a 3 rather than 4 letter file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont asked what is TIF and TIFF? What is difference?

I asked is there any option/setting to save an image as a TIFF....(In batch proccess)

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I asked is there any option/setting to save an image as a TIFF....(In batch proccess)"
We literally gave you the solution for this. And as Ussnorway suggested in your other (exact same) thread:
For batch renaming, use Adobe Bridge.

Apart from appending another f to the already existing one, there is nothing else you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I didn't see anywhere in your post where you mentioned using batch processing to accomplish this.

People are making suggestions and trying to help you out.

Attitude like that really won't get you anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is an OS and program, PS, restriction.

Both Windows and PS use 3 character extensions. Only MS has enabled their Office programs to use 4 character as an extension, DOCX, XLSX and so on.

A Tif file is a TIFF file. Tagged Image File Format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines