• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Error?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to export a GIF from Photoshop CC 2014 but I keep encountering this error message:

ahh.PNG

I have read previous forum post saying to delete Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs but I cannot navigate to the

file's location, nor does it come up in a search. I have also tried changing the image/canvas size of the gif too.

It was exporting GIFs perfectly 24 hours ago. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

If this issue persists, try checking the image size to compare to the canvas size. I had the same issue and found this to help. Make sure the image size is not something like 20,000 inches. Try making it smaller or changing the measurement to pixels, if it is not already. Next, make sure the canvas size is not smaller than the image size, nor bigger than it. If so, change it to the same size with the same measurement of pixels or whatever the image's is. Try saving for web, again. This should wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this issue persists, try checking the image size to compare to the canvas size. I had the same issue and found this to help. Make sure the image size is not something like 20,000 inches. Try making it smaller or changing the measurement to pixels, if it is not already. Next, make sure the canvas size is not smaller than the image size, nor bigger than it. If so, change it to the same size with the same measurement of pixels or whatever the image's is. Try saving for web, again. This should work, if not then try removing the profile files (Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs). Then restart your Mac and relaunch photoshop. Hope this helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to decrease the image size u have from Image > image size

i think maybe u have a problem with a font u used! try to change..

regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the action you recommended in your e-mail, however with no success. In general,

I am very skeptical to removing pre-installed files in the way you suggest (removing the profile files) 

You write "This should work, if not then try removing the profile files (Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs). Then restart your Mac and relaunch photoshop."

Removing files that originally were installed to facilitate Photoshop CC usage, seems risky to me.

I hav tried another remedy, and even if it perhaps does not give me full satisfaction, is is however better now than is was at first.

I created my own personal preset alternative, named it my first name and saved it that way. Now I do get the result I want, with the minor exception that the "Metadata setting" does not accept "all" for this self-created preset but has to be changed for every image save procedure I conduct. But the other variables, e.g. Jpeg, quality, etc. are indeed covered in "my personal" preset .

For the time being I can live with this but would really appreciate that this feature in Photoshop CC would work as it used to in previous Photoshop CC versions.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create your own personal preset alternative? I'm in the same boat as you: skeptical to delete original program files, can't export GIF no matter the settings I change, etc.) I was suspicious that I had too many frames (it will allow me to export files with less frames), but once I reach 50+ frames, I receive the 'can't save for web' error. Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will see what I can do to help you...hope to be able to reply before this weekend is over....

OK?

Regards

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 6.05.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 6.12.43 PM.png

I was able to save a GIF two days ago since then Photoshop has taken for ever to even go through save for web dialogue and then errors out. I am making a double exposure gif for my website. The suggestion to delete Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs, I have not been able to find this folder anywhere. Could really use some help? I've increased cache to max under performance which is 6431mb to save a 50mb gif...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm having the exact same problem and can't figure it out...have to finish a presentation in 2 days and tried everything to save the GIF with no success...I would aprecciante any help!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and no matter what I do it doesn't allow me to "Save For Web".

Cannot find Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs.

Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Pref

This is frustrating. I just updated Photoshop thinking that might help and it doesn't. Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here just since the last couple of days.  What's going on????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit difficult to find these hidden folders on the mac without using Terminal. An easy workaround was just using an ftp application like Filezilla which could browser to your root folder and work yourself back in to that exact path which was mentioned and then deleting or renamic that file. HOWEVER... I did just that to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes really killing productivity. Deleted the prefs and also updated to the latest version. Annoying help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It just started. Any solutions yet? I tried all of those that I've read about, but nothing is working. This is very frustrating. Here's the message I'm getting...

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 4.38.35 PM.png

CC Version:

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 4.41.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using export as... until it is resolved. I saw people chat about them working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here... changed everything that was recommended. Nothing worked... I tried other JPEG and used the export to web, same error. Then I tried making a screenshot of the picture and imported it to PS... export still does not work. In my humble opinion there is an error in the software... until it's fixed I use the SAVE AS function. Of course, it's not as good because you cannot scale but at least you can change the format and quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem same eror -

Adobe Photoshop CC 2019   version 20. 0. 4

Mac Os Catalina 10.15.2

it realy kills all work pleasure - how to fix it? anyone helps  Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -- wondering if you ever figured out this enigma??? 

I've been frustrated by this issue for about 6 months now! And I'm running 

Photoshop CC 2019 20.0.5 

on Catalina 10.15.4

so thinking our solutions would've been similar ones! It seems to be such a common problem I wish Adobe staff would chime in and offer a solution ðŸ¤”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded PSE 2021 from the AppStore, Testversion, woked fine, like it did on all Windows Computers, now I bought it via AppStore, not working , not possibe to save for Web, really that kills me, 100 Bucks blown away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here! I need to export this ASAP!

I've tryed the save as but that only gives me a static Gif image not a animated one.

And I only have for frames in between 30-100k so it is not any big images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to escalate this case to a moderator: "I want you to know that PS is causing a severe error. I can't use the program without the export for web function. If this is not fixed, I am afraid that PS is obsolete for me."

I hope they see it and generate an update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope! I had to go for a web based gif generator to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I got the following solution from Adope support, and it works:

In the Finder, launch System Preferences and navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Full Disk Access. Click the lock icon in the lower left, enter your admin username & password. Click the + icon and add Photoshop to grant access to your hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you networkmedia! This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind! it is still not functioning on the latest MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny because adobe support zold me that they know of the issue and I should await the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines