Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and area and copy merged area - Not Working as Expected

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
If I have a number of layers and want to copy part of the artwork.

I make the layers I want to copy visable - then draw with the marquee the area I want to copy.

I "Copy Merged Area"  -- BUT its copying the merged area - But also copying the size of the artboard.

How do I make it only copy the selected area - and make that the size copied?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested Copy Merged by copying content on 2 of 3 layers of an artboard. I made a new document that shows me the clipboard dimensions in the New Document dialog. It is working for me. I'm on Windows 10 and using Photoshop 21.2.3. I tried a few different approaches such as ungrouping the artboard, using multiple artboards, selecting multiple layers, not selecting layers, and using the lasso tool and polygonal lasso tool instead of the rectangular or ellliptical marquee, but so far they are all the copying the selected dimensions and not the canvas size. Could you describe the steps you took and the show the set up of your layers when Copy Merge didn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Myra,

Thanks for your reply.

I got it sorted - it seems to have been a corrupt file that caused the issue.

I deleted the file in question and rebooted the computer and now it seems to work as expected.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines