• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting an exact size in pixels to a rectangular selection area.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to set an exact size to my rectangular selection area. Is there a way to do this? I tried using the crop tool as an alternative method but I'm finding I wasn't able to figure out how to set the crop to exact dimensions in pixels or how to move the crop selection area once it was placed over the image.

Thanks in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Hi,

What version of photoshop are you using?

One way is to use the Rectangular Marquee Tool and set the Style to Fixed Size and then enter the numbers into the Width and Height fields.

You can also move the selection area by dragging inside the selection if you have the tool option for the rectanagular marguee tool set to New Selection.

Then Image>Crop if you want to crop the image.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of photoshop are you using?

One way is to use the Rectangular Marquee Tool and set the Style to Fixed Size and then enter the numbers into the Width and Height fields.

You can also move the selection area by dragging inside the selection if you have the tool option for the rectanagular marguee tool set to New Selection.

Then Image>Crop if you want to crop the image.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version CS6. Thank you for asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines