Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still GPU issues on Photoshop 2020 with MacBook Pro 15"

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this is my second thread on the theme, but with first one I didn't fix the issue at all. Problems are continuing and my frustrations is to the top level.

The GPU problems appears randomly and without some specifics reasonable reasons from my point of view. They can occurr also during a simple zoom of an image.

The result of this issue is perfectly visible on this video screenshot took some a pair of weeks ago, an image became black and the color profile changes also between Photoshop windows.

I already disabled the automatic switching of the video card and followed all the guides present on the Adobe web site. I really don't know what I can try to do more, but I read here that many people have the same problem with MacBook 15" or 16", so I'm not alone. 

I would like to ask you if there is a way to talk with Adobe to try to fix the issue in some way. Maybe it exists a support that can help me with the sharing of the screen... or something like that!

At now the only way that I found to do my job as freelancer photographer is the following this timeline:

1. I open a Raw file
  2. I work on the picture and I wait for the issue
  3. If the issue happens, I save a PSD and reboot Photoshop. Then I restart to edit the picture.
  4. If the issue do not happen I can continue to work, but maximum 2 or 3 pictures in my experience. After that the issue happens for sure.

It's terrible to work in this way. Very terrible and frustrating. 

But mainly I never had this kind of problems before the Photoshop major update that I did this year!

Thanks to everyone that will want to add something or help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the experience with Photoshop. You may share this information directly with our product team here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/ This forum is directly monitored by them, and they might look into it and share some suggestions and insights.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the issue also there, as you suggested.

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one seems to be interested to help me there. Why? Isn't there an official support? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have identical issues with my Macbook Pro 16 inch. I did not have these issues on my 2013 Macbook pro. They all came after the upgrade. I got all the bells and whistles on this new computer so I could work faster but unfortunately it's been such a headache  and only with Photoshop. Lightroom is pretty good except that sometimes in grid view the colours are off until I click on the image. So strange. Please fix Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines