• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent Issue: Not enough RAM

New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I started having this issue with Photoshop when I recently updated it. It keeps saying I don't have enough RAM space. Previously, Photoshop has worked perfectly. I don't understand why its no longer working as it used to. I uninstalled, reinstalled, reset preferences. When I tried to follow older forums on how to solve the issues, they all say to go to Edit > Preferences > General > Performance and edit there. I can't even open the Performance tab without Photoshop freaking out. If anyone has a solution, please do help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in Photoshop CC 19.1.5 (June 2018 release). Please refer the solution mentioned in this article Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.' before updating.

Update Photoshop to the latest version, see Keeping Photoshop Up-To-Date

Here's a list of what's new in this release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting preferences does not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you're on Windows 10 1803 try this workaround, there are known memory issues with Photoshop and this release from Microsoft

Invalid Numeric Entry - An integer between 96 and 8 is required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, and I have tried this fix, and it does not work. I hope an official fix gets pushed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to modify my registry as suggested. I did it rather reluctantly - I never tried such a thing before - but I must say that it worked. Now again I'm able to save my files and I can access the preferences panel. I only hope that my tampering with the reg database won't give me troubles elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

torbenc16540429  wrote

I only hope that my tampering with the reg database won't give me troubles elsewhere.

Hi

You should be fine, Adobe have a fix for the issue and it should be released soon which was caused by Microsoft's latest update 1803, I'm still on 1709 and as far as I'm aware nobody is seeing the issue on that build

You can always delete the registry key if it's causing issues but I doubt it will cause any problems for you, as soon as Adobe release a fix just delete the key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with not enough RAM and an invalid numeric entry. Looks like Windows updated itself to version 1803 on 5/30. I don't want to change the registry, when will a fix be avaibable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Photoshop 6 worked for me for now.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, want to know too, shouldn't have to go in and change the registry, waiting for Adobe fix or offer fix as their product no longer seems to work for a large number of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Regedit solution worked for me and it's running beautifully now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update madbunny101. It is advisable that you remove OverridePhysicalMemoryMB DWORD key from the registry if the you've added the OverridePhysicalMemoryMB DWORD key in the registry prior to this update. It should be done to allow Photoshop to automatically allocate RAM and to manage the physical memory instead of using this registry overridden value.

The same is mentioned in the solution here Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@madbunny  There is no need for the regedit fix  since Adobe released Photoshop 19.1.5 today.

If you have previously used the registry fix the recommendation , is to remove it, and use 19.1.5. See here Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged Traynor's fix works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your windows updates manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I am not the only one with the same Issue. Guess that Update's Mutiny for Photoshop users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started seeing these RAM errors in Photoshop the day after my PC updated overnight to Windows 10 v1803 but didn't know the true correlation until I FINALLY found this forum thread.

Tip for the frustrated: If you're in the middle of a job and get the dreaded RAM error on trying to save your work, I found that the "not enough RAM" message only appears if I save my working file as .JPG. Other formats I tested (.PSD, .TIF, .PNG, .BMP, .PBM, .SCT, even .TGA) all saved without error. I didn't test massive files; the largest I tried was about 8 MB. I also didn't test every single format because .TIF will work for me until Adobe releases a fix, so if you find other formats that throw the RAM error too, please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was almost in tears last night. Couldn't save what I was working on, couldn't screenshot...in desperation, I took a photo of my monitor. Will there be a fix soon? I don't want to pay for something that is worthless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try when I get back home tonight...I am more than a little intimidated to mess around in the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems. I haven’t tried changing my registry, but I have been able to Export as a jpg instead of saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do anything since Windows updated. I can't use the quick selection tool or the lasoo tool. I can save, but can't edit anything. It is driving me nuts. I design book covers and this is really messing me up. I uninstalled a load of stuff this morning in the hope that it might give me some leeway.

I'm saving for a Mac. I'm sick of Windows doing whatever the hell it likes without even asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The registry fix seems to be the only game in town but if you aren’t completely comfortable with it, have a complete backup and know how to recover if it all goes wrong and you can’t boot, then get hands on help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who don't want to mess with the registry, like me, I contacted Adobe support, got an online chat person and gave her access to my computer. She went in and did something with the registry and now it's all fixed. Took about five minutes!

And she confirmed it was because of the latest Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines