Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V22 update. Polygon tool Not showing Star option

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EB8B3CC7-0C57-4B2B-B8B1-72AD8B7F0D24.jpeg

I updated before going to bed last night while working on a project that requires a perspective grid.  I had been using the polygon tool and creating a star pattern that mimics a vanishing point.  I learned this from various youtube tutorials.  

When I opened the app this morning to tried to create said star, the options for paths changed during the update and for the life of me I cannot seem to make the star I wanted.  Before you'd make sure the polygon tool was selected, shape, no fill, 1pt stroke, click on path options and click on 'star', indent sides by 99% and add 100 sides to the star and drag out from the horizon line.  

I tried to work with the settings available but instead I keep getting a circle with 100 small divots like one of those scholastic award stickers on books.  Is anyone else having this issue after the update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm I restarted and the entire panel reverted back somehow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look like Adobe change the UI from a check box and a percemtage   to a just a ratio percent. Where 100% is equal to an un-checked star box

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still working on this and trying for that vanishing point, JJMack pointed out that its now inverse for the % in the star ratio.

Before you would change the ratio to 99% and select the Star checkbox.

Now you just enter 1% in the Star Ratio value with the same 100 sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This info saved me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines