• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WARNING! Photoshop 2020 auto-saving!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe for warning us about a new 'feature'. I just opened a multi-layered, complex photoshop file that I've been working on for weeks, merged multiple layers, turned off several more, then cropped the file using the TRIM function in order to export a certain image for a website. Then, as is my habit I simply closed the file without saving.

Except that the file AUTO SAVED! Not only that, but re-opening it shows zero history states, so I've lost probably what amounts to several days of work.

Nor can I find a setting in Preferences to turn this fabulous new feature off.

I've been a Photoshop user since version 2.0 in 1992 and I'm bitterly disappointed with this latest Adobe screwup!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

You can see other, older versions of the document by following the steps on this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/manage-cloud-documents-photoshop.html#Viewversionhistoryofaclouddocument

In addition, using Cloud Documents is totally optional with the desktop application:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/cloud-documents-faq.html#forced-sync

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see other, older versions of the document by following the steps on this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/manage-cloud-documents-photoshop.html#Viewversionhistoryofac...

In addition, using Cloud Documents is totally optional with the desktop application:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/cloud-documents-faq.html#forced-sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I was able to turn back time. But it would have saved a lot of angst if Adobe had posted a message at saving time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank these informations are fine, but is there a way to close a cloud document without saving it?

There are cases, when I don't want PS to save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... that's interesting.  I feel your pain!  Since updating to the 2020 version I'm having another really annoying issue with Photoshop suddenly hanging for about 5-10 seconds after I do anything (literally anything - even move my mouse, select another layer, select another document, duplicate layer, add filter, minimise it etc. etc.)  Could this be a result of this new auto save feature?  I see from your message that there doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off, and the answer from Adam_Jerugim doesn't solve this, it only helps you find older versions of your document. 

Please can someone let me know if there any way to disable this new auto save feature in PS 2020?

And if not, please can they help me with my problem? ("Spinning wheel on every action since updating to Photoshop 2020 (Mac OSX Catalina)")

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Cloud documents is optional - you choose what to save. Note : Cloud documents is very different to a PSD saved locally to the CC folder and synced to the cloud.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's Cloud allows Adobe to automatically steal people's private confidential work files without permission. It's unbelievable they ruined Photoshop with this. Some people try to steal such info for their own personal gain- to resell and collect marketing data- I sure hope that's not what Adobe is doing. I've been chatting with a rep and trying to disable this for more than an hour. I'm going back to an older Photoshop version, because this is absolutely nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a silly and uninformed post. You have evidence for such defamatory claims as stealing work files? Of course you don't. 

There is nothing to disable. If you don't want to use cloud documents then simply save locally as PSD or TIFF rather than choosing the cloud psdc option. If you don't want to sync to the cloud then save to any folder other than the CC folder.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you completely on this one. Happened to me too with a commission I was working on - something someone paid money for and I spent a big amount of time on! 2020 is horrible so far, and I am truly, truly disappointed. I'm not a person who hates every new change an update does (we all know people like that) but even as I tried, I just can't stay optimistic about 2020. It kept crashing for me, I kept losing work to the point where I had to restart on the same piece at least five times. And it kept happening to the other projects. What the hell is happening? I consider myself a pretty loyal PS user, i've used it since 2006. Genuinely unbearable. 

I'm so sorry about all the lost work of yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly how ALOT of us Photoshop vets are feeling right now. Been using PS since 96'.

What hurts is that not much of what anybody from Adobe is offering as a solution to this 2020 'crashaster' is helping.

I'm in a very simular boat to contextualize here are my hardware specs:

• Dell Inc. Inspiron 15-7569
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Intel® Coreâ„¢ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics 520
  • 8 GB RAM(Physical Memory - Available 3.74 GB / Virtual Memory - Available 4.74 GB)
  • Toshiba Hard Drive 256 GB

Working on a DELL (Windows 10). Did a clean reinstall 7 days ago and now PS 2020 is crashing everytime I open the app. This started 4 days ago, have since followed all Adobe advice to go to Intel website and update drivers. Did that. Problem still there...

In addition to this yesterday I tried un-installing 21.0.2 and installing 21.0.1 for 24hrs it was pure magic. Today all crashes. So frustrating! Where is Adobe?

Sharing screen shot of PS error report because another member said it was significant. As you will see its totally vague.

Photoshop_Crash_Error.jpg

Livid with Adobe

Sundiata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Boy

I am nutts!!!! I have spent the last 12 hours editing photos SAVING after each step. Came up a couple of time that image could not be saved and to save as which would not then replace a file TOTALLY STUCK. Only option was to close the file and loose out on the last bit of work. WORSE to come. I find that all the files i have been working on did not actually save when i went back into Light room. ZIP NADA. When i reopened the file i found that the first step i did yesterday came up. NOTHING saved from the 12+ hous today!

Reading this post and a couple of other has made me even more mad. What the heck are ADOBE up to??? Never Never have i had such an issue.

I am a professional like many i read in these posts and Photoshop is just a dead waste to me as it is to them. One thing for sure it going to make me seriously look at other alternatives. This is costing me money and client reptation. ADOBE there are other solutions out there. I came to you from Apeture but have been using Adobe photoshop in its forms since the early 90's NEVER have i come across such a problem. This is potentially a game changing issue as i pay for this whole thing monthly and its a dead duck righ now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have just edited many photos of my jewelry for a selling sheet and now I am not able to save my work.  I am hoping someone can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is doubly aggravating is that it's a "feature" that can't be bypassed by using Script Events Manager to run a script to close the file without saving!  Grrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines