Highlighted

Why does my Photoshop reset preferences and settings after restart/crash?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a new issue, and it's been prevalent in previous versions as well - but after some PS crashes, or when PC gets real laggy from illustrator/PS and needs a restart, Photoshop will completely revert some settings back to complete default (which screen to open in, transform controls, save for web settings, previous files, save to destination, fill content settings, brushes, etc) as if its my first time opening Photoshop

Why does this happen?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does my Photoshop reset preferences and settings after restart/crash?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a new issue, and it's been prevalent in previous versions as well - but after some PS crashes, or when PC gets real laggy from illustrator/PS and needs a restart, Photoshop will completely revert some settings back to complete default (which screen to open in, transform controls, save for web settings, previous files, save to destination, fill content settings, brushes, etc) as if its my first time opening Photoshop

Why does this happen?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Which version of Photoshop are you working on? We're here to help, just need more information.

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently running cs6 - but this isn't a new issue, and has happened on multiple devices. It happens randomly, whether from a PS crash or after I restart after it starts getting laggy from working in programs for long periods of times.

Either a random crash or manually saving all my files and restarting my PC will cause a majority of options and preferences to resent to new install default. I've had something similar in Illustrator crashes where it'll literally revert files back to the original save state of the day rather than the most recent save.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0