• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does photoshop 2020 keep hanging up when saving when it reaches 99%

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever sence I updated to photoshop 2020 when i save a file in either TIFFor PSD it hangs up at 99%.  it does this on auto save in the background or when i go to save manaully.  Its getting very frustrating especaully when I have spent hours editing images only to lose them time and time again.  Can anyone advise. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Seems to be a lot of people with the same issue, you haven't mentioned which OS you have and where you're saving the files too, most of the threads that I've seeing are related to MacOS Catalina and saving to external drives

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-crashing-freezing-when-saving-both-newest-version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry its OS Cataline V10.15.2.  I am saving it to an external SSD drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely because you are saving on external drive. It happens to me on Windows machine. The only known solution is to save files on hard drive then to move them to external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's mostly been on Catalina, but it's been happening to some Windows users too, like Bojan. That doesn't mean it's the very same issue, of course.

I still can't reproduce it here on Win 10. I have tried several times, with three different external drives, but every save goes straight through without a hitch. But then, as I said in another thread, bugs only happen to some people under special circumstances - or the bug would have been caught.

Everyone should report this on the feedback forum, just in case it turns out to be a latent problem in PS2020.

I did come across this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#Savingdoesntcompletewhensavin... 

exFAT.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a hang when saving a PSD file on PS 2020 and Windows. I have been having this issue for 6-8 weeks. Very frustrating. Running Windows 10 Pro on a desktop with 24GB memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX950 graphics card, 8 processors 4K Mhz.Running PS 2020 21.2.3. My filesystem for photos is an SSD drive that I have used for several years prior to this occurring. I do use Bridge and open the files in PS from Bridge. Not sure if any of this helps, but I hesitate to reinstall as I have not seen anyone out here that solved the issues doing that. I really hope this is not going unnoticed by Adobe and they fix it soon. I have run PS as administrator and that does not help. I have reset the preference file and that does not help. I have tried saving as soon as I open PS from CR and before any layers are added - that doesn't help. Files are worked on in 16-bit mode. Really would like to see a resolution to this soon, but based on the number of unresolved posts out here concerning this issue I'm not sure it is getting any attention. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried processing two more files in PS. I did a save on the first one after cropping. That had a short term and memory usage went up to 97% on the machine... PS grabed 15.7GB. Once it reached 15.7Gb it seem to start releasing memory and I could than access the save box and rename the file. The second file save hung at 99% and I had to reboot the system in order to access anything.Hope some of this info helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear: my experience on Windows that it shows 99% for some time then it completes save. I am not loosing files, i just see 99% for a couple of seconds before save is complete while when saving on hard drive it saves without holding on 99%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've sat for as long as 3 minutes and finally just rebooted the system so I could use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines