• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the first frame change when I edit the second frame?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the Photoshop animation feature (in C.S. 5.5)., and I am having a problem.  When I edit the layers in the second frame, the same changes occur in the first frame.  If I add additional frames, they all change whenever I edit one of them.  As a result, all of the frames are the same, which makes for a rather uneventful animation. I have tried unchecking the "propagate frame 1" box, but that has no effect.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I limit the changes to the selected frame only?  Thank you to anyone who can help with this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try editing  layers rather than frames.  You should be able to edit individual layers then use the command "make frames from layers".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the command "make frames from layers". I am using cs5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frames are not separate documents.  Think if them more as sequenced layer comps, where different layers are made visible in each.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I am having is that exactly the same layers are made visible in each frame.  However, I have determined that I am having this problem only when I use Puppet Warp.  When I change one frame using Puppet Warp, all the other frames display the same change.  Is there a way to restrict the Puppet Warp change to only one frame of the animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like we have both said you need to edit LAYERS not FRAMES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The primary image I am trying to animate has multiple layers in it (each layer being a separate figure), so I can't use individual layers as frames.  I am able to edit the layers within an individual frame if I don't use Puppet Warp.  This gives me a series of different frames, leading to a successful animation.  However, when I use Puppet Warp, the changes I make to layers within a single frame occur simultaneously in all frames, making animation impossible.  All the frames are the same. 

Ideally, I would like to use Puppet Warp to edit layers differently within each frame, but I cannot figure out how to do this.  Anyway, thank you for your help, and happy holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, and happy holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you need to hit the 'propagate frame' button on the top of your layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines