• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Roboto Black loading as Regular

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that uses Roboto Black, but suddenly that font isn't working. It's activated, and it's actually showing up in my programs - but it's not Black, it's Regular.

Here's a screen of Roboto Regular on my system (this is Photoshop but it's doing this in ALL my CC programs).

roboto_reg.png

And here is a shot of this type changed to Black:

roboto_black.png

You can see in this screen shot that even the preview is showing Regular in place of Black:

roboto_popout.png

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Any way to fix this on my end?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019
I found the issue. I had an older version of Roboto installed on my system, as well as the Adobe version. For whatever reason, at some point Ps defaulted to using the installed version instead of Adobe Fonts version. I uninstalled the fonts on my system, and the Adobe Font Roboto worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a font specific issue. Are you working on windows or mac? You need to validate the fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shawn. I'm on Windows 10. How do I validate the fonts? Google is not helping.

Again, thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing i notice is you have Faux Bold enabled in the Character panel, which might cause the issue.

fb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, hey Jeff thanks for the response! The faux bold wasn't the issue. I know this because it was a straw I was grasping at by clicking the icon on and off. I just happened to take the screen shot with it on. I saw this and debated doing the screen shot over, because I knew if it were me trying to help, that this would be my first suggestion as well.

The fact that the Roboto Black is showing as Regular even in the font preview shows that something odd is going on with the font itself.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the font from Google or Adobe Fonts?

Maybe remove the fonts and then use the Roboto from adobe fonts.

Roboto | Adobe Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Adobe fonts, which is why I posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this suggestion for removing the Adobe font cache files so they can rebuild.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10906960#10906960

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff! I'll give this a shot at my first available moment. I'll report back!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The interesting part is that it doesn't happen all the time.  Just occasionally.  Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found the issue. I had an older version of Roboto installed on my system, as well as the Adobe version. For whatever reason, at some point Ps defaulted to using the installed version instead of Adobe Fonts version. I uninstalled the fonts on my system, and the Adobe Font Roboto worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines