Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write Text to Follow Path Anticlockwise

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to create a logo like the one below, I can use the elipse tool and path freature to create the "Mint Fitness" text at the top, but cannot work out how to create the Suffolk text underneath so that is orientated that way i.e. when I do it the text follows the correct path but is upside down.

Please help, thank you!

Suffolk Logo Round.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type >>Type on a path >> Type on a path Options > > Check fip

Use align to path in that option and baseline shift in your charachter  palette to tweak furhter

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 4.47.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator, where this is easier,  do what Mike shows in his answer.

In Photoshop separate the text and use two paths so one text (upper) sits on the path, the other (lower) goes inside a larger circular path. To flip use black arrow and move in/out of circle.

2019-10-29_22-07-01.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

To expand on what Mike said:

In Illustrator:

• Draw the circle and type the top text. I started at the bottom center and chose center alignment.
  • Duplicate the layer and hide it.
  • On the duplicate, edit the text to the bottom text. Grab the widget (in yellow box) with the Direct Selection tool and drag 180°, flipping it inside as you drag. In my example, it's bottom center because of where I started.
  • In Type > Type on a Path, I chose Ascender so the top of the text almost touches the path. Then I selected the text and gave it a baseline shift in the Character panel to nudge it up another 5-6 points. I did not use the Flip command.
  • The Spacing control is optional — it's Tracking.
  • Show the top layer
  • Draw the outer circle, starting from the center point and holding Opt(Alt)+Shift.

Photoshop does not have robust text controls because at its core, it's an image editor. It does not have the Type on a Path options or the widget and is trickier to work with. Use Dave's method of two sizes for the paths if Photoshop is all you have.

~ Jane

6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines