Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Abnormally fast playback speed of the editing tape

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have just upgraded from Premiere Element 2020 to version 2024.
With this new version, I'm having a problem with the playback speed of the editing tape (in expert mode).
When I play the video I've just imported into the edit strip, in the preview window its speed is accelerated. This was not the case with version 2020, where the playback speed was normal.
I haven't found any settings to change this playback speed.
=> How can I return to normal playback speed in the preview window?
Thanks for your help

Alain

TOPICS
Error or problem , Feature request , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Check the Audio Hardware Preferences. Default Audio Input should be set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the project settings and how were they set?  What are the specifications of the source footage and what was used to create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I started the project, I modified the settings to match the project video.
But I noticed something else.
Having a new PC running Windows 11 (my other PCs are running Windows 10), I installed Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 on it (already installed on the other W10 PCs).
I'm now noticing a different behavior on this new PC.
Indeed, when I play a video I've just loaded (for editing), in the preview window the playback speed :
- is normal on Windows 10 PCs
- twice as fast on Windows 11 PCs
all other things being equal (similar settings).
Why is this different with Windows 11 and, unfortunately, I can't find any way of adjusting the playback speed on the new Windows 11 PC (so as to have a normal speed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 11 and Premiere Elements 2024.  I have none of the difficulty you describe.   

Again, what are the project settings?  What is the source of the video?  What are the specifications (including frame rate) of the video?  Can you share one of the video clips that is causing your trouble? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the Audio Hardware Preferences. Default Audio Input should be set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines