• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Output issue just weird stuff

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a desktop system, I have APE 15 installed and when playing video in APE, it plays fine. When I plugin headphones, audio plays fine on the headphones.

I'm told because of Windows updates, I could no longer sign in to APE 15 on my laptop because IE was too new..... so I purchased APE2022. When I open and play a video in APE, it plays through the speakers fine. When I plugin headphones, sound continues to play out of speakers UNLESS I go in to APE preferences and select headphones as sound destination? On the same laptop, I can do the same steps in Shotcut video editor and it detects the headphones and plays through them the eay it should be..... it does not make any sense at all to have to tell APE where to play the sound..... Windows takes care of that for all programs usually..... I guess I am mostly venting and don't really expect a solution..... I've searched here and found similar symptoms but no solutions as of yet..... If you plug in headphones, and Windows detects them, and plays sound through them in every application, it should be that wat in APE in my humble opinion.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried that....While in APE 2022 preferences, if I manially select audio ouput as speakers, it plays through the speakers....if I plug in headphones, it still plays through speakers unless I manually select audio output headphones.....

APE 15 did not function like this..... APE 15 automatically played through whatever audio output Windows played through without having to manually select..... I was complaining about that.....By the way, I had a project in APE 2022 that I worked a couple hours on and I saved the project....when I went back to continue working on it, I opened it but it would not play at all....so I uninstalled APE 2022, and attempted successfully to load APE 15 on this brand new laptop, even though I was told I had to upgrade to APE 2022..... I would like my money back on APE 2022 because I have had nothing but problems with it ..... Anyone from Adobe listening?? I was incorrectly told my sign-in problems on a reloaded from scratch laptop was due to APE 15 not being compatible with Windows 10 after all the updates that have occured. That is not true, because I just bought a new laptop and loaded all the Windows updates available, and then purchased and have had multiple issues with APE 2022, then as a desperation move, uninstalled APE2022 and loaded APE15 with no issues registering or signing in......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"APE 15 automatically played through whatever audio output Windows played through without having to manually select....."

I don't recall it worked that way.  

"to APE 15 not being compatible with Windows 10 "
'told I had to upgrade to APE 2022....." 

Sometimes, newer computers and operating systems need newer programs.  I don't know how you could be forced to upgrade anything. 

"I would like my money back on APE 2022 because I have had nothing but problems with it ..... Anyone from Adobe listening??"

This is a user forum.  If you want to get your money back, you have 30 days from purchase IF you bought directly from Adobe.  Start a dialog here:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, on my new laptop (plus my old laptop) plus on a desktop that I still use  APE15 on, I did not have to configure preferences for audio out to hear the video clips on the timeline to play through speakers or headphones..... whatever Windows played through my copy of APE 15 plays through as well.....sorry if yours didn't work that way or if you don't recall it working that way.

I know that new computers and O/S's sometimes don't support old programs. That is why I purchased APE 2022. And you are correct, no one forced me to purchase it.  I purchased it in good faith based upon expert advice.

The hard drive in my old laptop crashed, so I replaced it and went through the tedious task of reloading Windows, updates, etc.... when I loaded APE 15, it would not allow me to login. I was told it was because Windows 10 was updated and specifically that the APE login process needed a certain version of Internet Explorer which my updated laptop did not have.

So I saw a GREAT deal on a laptop and bought it. Ran all Windows updates, loaded applications, and the new version of Adobe APE 2022.....tedious and time consuming but we've all been there...... if I hadn't run into problems  with APE 2022 I wouldn't be here posting. This is my first post here after many years and many updates to various versions of Adobe photo and video editing products.

And if I hadn't had multiple problems with APE 2022, I would not have uninstalled it and found out I was misinformed about being able to load, register,  and login properly to APE 15 with a completely updated Windows 10 system.

I download and registered APE 2022 and Photoshop Elements 2022 on Dec 30..... so I will try them on my Desktop system to see if they work there with less issues. Additionally, Adobe may come out with updates that address my issues..... I guess you could say I'm just venting more than anything..... using these programs you know I am an amateur hobbyist. I am retired and on a fixed income, so I try to get the most use out of my purchases for as long as I can.... I shoot video in HD.... don't even have a 4k TV yet so my needs are modest... Thanks for the reply and the link to address a refund, but too late for that plus I may be able to use it on a different system and it may receive updates to fix issues..... and who knows what will happen when Microsoft forces me to update to Windows 11 for lack of support and updates for Windows 10.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you are so angry.  I too am an old, amateur, hobbyist, retired guy on a fixed income.  I've not had any significant issues with Premiere Elements since version 9!  Adobe has allowed me to be involved on this forum for a decade.  

Mannually choosing audio output has been normal for all the versions I've used.   

Somewhere in your posts it seems you may be opening projects started in an old version with a newer version.  Don't do that.  It WILL cause problems.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'm frustrated more than angry. The project I worked on, saved, and then had issues trying to play was all done on the same machine and same version of APE 2022.

After I try that version on my desktop, I will report to this thread, hopefully with good news. (Unless you are not interested)....not sure if that info would ever be helpful..... part of the issue may be the new laptop..... it has 2 GPU's.... I left the preference option checked for hardware acceleration and had to uncheck the option for GPU acceleration to even get the program to half work..... I don't think I will have that option in the older desktop..... there is an area in Windows setup where you select which GPU to use with each specific application otherwise the default GPU is used.... I tried selecting each GPU one at a time with APE and neither worked properly when selected in preferences (only the Intel Iris xe GPU was listed as SUPPOSED to work with APE 2022....deselecting that option totally allowed the program to somewhat function, but not without issues....I am thankful I was able to uninstall APE 2022 then successfully install APE 15..... the only other option I would have had would be to use the free and open source program Shotcut..... which is very good and I could live with that if I had to.

As for as Premiere Elements, I have used v12, 14, 15, and now 2022.....so far 15 has been my favorite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I will report to this thread, hopefully with good news."

Please do.  If 15 is a favorite and it works, stick with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, last post from me as an update.

APE2022 seems to work fine on a 12 year old Dell Studio XPS7100, AMD Phenom II 6 core processor and 8GB ram.... no GPU accelerator.

I uninstalled APE15 from my new Dell Vostro laptop,Intel i7 processor, 8GB ram and 2 GPU's on board...... reinstalled APE 2022 on it and still had lock-up issues, not responding when looking at task manager, so I said to heck with it and reinstalled APE 15 since it just works for my minimal video editing needs...... still wish I had tried it before buying as I could have saved that money but lesson learned..... I have never had this many issues with any software before, that's why I just went ahead and bought it like I have always done in the past.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought from Adobe you have 30 days for a refund.  Your first post was Jan 22.  You may have a few days left!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the info, but it took me a while to realize I had a problem, then try to determine what actually was going on, try a few things, and then post here..... my download, purchase, and registration occured on Dec 30 so I am past that 30 days....besides, it appears so far to work okay on my desktop, and maybe there will be an update down the road that will allow it to be used on my laptop as well.

The problems are worse than spending the money.... my frustrations were more with the problems as opposed to spending a little bit of money. It's not like I'm working on a big Hollywood production or anything so I may have over reacted....LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines