• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can one crop a movie with Premiere Elements 9

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to crop a bit from the left and a bit from the right of a movie [not equal amounts].

In Photoshop it is easy, but in Premiere Elements 9 Trim and Crop just appear to zoom in.

I just want to be able to remove without rescaling unattractive parts.

Stupidly being new to video as it is in Photoshop I just assumed [always dangerous] tht would be possible.

Ideally I do not want the result to be rescaled and suffer a loss in quality. Ideally I would like this then to be centered.

I can live with a black border where I removed the offending edges.

There seems to be no way for the user to determine how much lefrt, right , top and bottom.

sorry if I posted this in the pro section but there seems to be no forum for Premeiere Elements. And no support or manuals!

I am happy to buy the upgrade to Premiere Elements 11 if that can do it.

Any help much appreciated!

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

It was I, who had missed Peter's version of PrE, and I did not pick that up, until I saw a post of yours later.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Just a courtesy post to say .I am most appreciative for all the replies.

And am extremely interested resolveing this - and quite frankly need your help.

I got back from a long shoot and a long drive 160+ miles at 10.00pm to find 2 new speedlites had arrived and a Bowens Streamlight.

I need to check out the speedlites [as  bought them on the grey market so need to know if they work oK ].

And in checking out the Streamlight, the big reflector was so badly made it took me over an hour just to push the 3 spigots into their reciever holes - but it is so badly made there is no way I can twist it to lock up!

Hence I will have to abort the Adobe excercise to a] test the speedlites, and b] repack the Streamlite and write an email with pictures etc. to get a replacement and collection organised; so it is in time for a shoot I bought it for!

If only they made stuff properly!

Well miffed as if I had bought a cheapo set of Lights I could have expected it; but paying a hefty price for a "premium" product and getting this garbage really irks me, let alone threatens the main shoot on Monday and scuppers the Sunday shoot!

So apologies but I will have to get back to this tomorrow evening.

Just wanted you guys to know I am utterly dependant on getting this all sorted.

Sure hope you guys can understand.- and will help me tomorrow.

Peter  :

PS I quickly scanned the replies and they look extremely helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the speedlights. While I know the name Bowens, and know that they have been around for many years, I am unfamiliar with them. I started with Ascors and two Rollei studio units, then moved to Speedotron, when Ascor was rolled into their line up. Other than a Norman 4000WS system (Speedotron did not have that much power back then), that is all I have ever used, other than a handful of my Nikon Speedlights for tiny jobs. Some of my Speedotrons have been around the world a couple of times, and other than scratches on their paint, still keep working.

Good luck, and let us know when you get things sorted out.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, no the Canon 600 EXRTSpeedlites and the radio trigger STE-3 - thank goodness seem to be All OK. All good! Actually they work pretty well on ETTL2 [which is not usually my favourite]

The problem was with the Bowens Streamlite a continuous daylight balanced lamp [that I need for video work].

Anyway WEX are next day shipping a replacement tomorrow [Saturday]  - so I can do my shoot on Sunday and the other on Monday.

Lets just hope its not a batch problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all Bill.

Being over 50;) thats why I still like the phone. But then one wouldn't get all this great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines