• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export my video to YouTube

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a music video which is 4 minutes and 2 seconds long. I've been trying to export it to YouTube but it never works. Either it acts like it is going to work and trudges along but never gets more than 10 minutes into the export. Or, when I go to YouTube first, I'm told that my video isn't the right format? And there is no way that I can find to save my video as anything else than Premiere Elements?

Do you have any recommendations?

TOPICS
Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is indeed a gap in your timeline. It can be easily seen at about 3:15 on your timeline. Those gaps will bug up a render like anything.

I'm not sure why you're now having problems at about 10% in but, if it's consistently happening at the very same spot, look at that spot on your timeline. Watch especially for spaces between your clips. They'll get you every time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karrie331937336hnt_0-1724436642852.png

I checked and I don't see any gaps? 
Know this is a lot to ask but, is there any way I could let you log onto my project remotely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a gap here:  

BillSprague_0-1724439893670.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your music is on the Music track which is normally used for the music generated by Premiere Elements' internal system.  I don't know why, but music from any other source will often work better when on a regular "Audio" track.   Select it and drag it to Audio 1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look at that track and move the music to the audio track. Thing is, the video uploads fine when I go to YouTube. Problem is, the processing always gets abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely because you have at least one gap in your timeline. Trust us on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could find no gaps. And I know it can look like there are gaps when the timeline is all squeezed together. But, I could find none?

And get this, I finally got it to export fully. Used Quick Export and set it to the smallest file size. Still took about 25 minutes to complete. Could that have happened if there were gaps?

I thought everything was going to be great. And then it tells me that Processing has been Abandoned. This has happened several times now. When I click on the box that says "Share Work Bar Area Only" I did in fact get everything to work. But it only got a little over one minute of my four minutes and 2.2 second video. You can see it here:
https://youtu.be/QMpwe_eE5NA
Thank you to everyone for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nice looking video.

If you'd like, you can share the project file (.prel) with us so we can have a closer look at it. I think you can post it to this forum. No need to include any media. Just the .prel file.

We could of course be wrong, but the fact that you can export a portion of your movie gives even more credence to the idea that there's a gap or buggy clip on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for watching the video. If you like it you are punk rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the project file. And, yes, you are correct. There are no gaps that I could find in the timeline.

However, you have got a lot of effects -- none of which your computer or the program should have any problems with.

But if it were me I'd make a copy of this project file (to experiment on) and try removing some things and see if I could figure out what's clogging the pipes. Start by removing all your transitions. See if that solves your problem. Many of your video clips seemed to have been enlarged beyond 100%. You appear to be using 1280x720 video and 3840x2160 video clips to create a 1920x1080 project. Try setting them all to 100% scale and see if that makes a difference. I know it's not the project you want to create, but this is how I troubleshoot issues. And it's why I made a copy of my master prel file. You can also try removing all of the effects. Virtually every clip has several.

Or, just as an experiment, try creating a new project, load several clips into it and don't add any effects or transitions just to see if the program can output this experiment. 

I haven't dug really deep in the project file, but it's clear there's a LOT of effects and resizings at work, and they're all bogging the program down. Again, your computer is powerful enough and Premiere Elements should be robust enough to handle it. But you're taxing the program pretty heavily. And, if I were working on a project this effects heavy, I'd more likely put it together in segments and then assemble them into a final mix.  But that's up to you. (Most professional programs, like Premiere Pro, have "nesting" systems for doing just that -- and it's how the pros usually work.)

Guess it depends on how much work you want to put into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you weren't able to convert it to MP4? If my computer had more power would it be possible to convert this file to MP4?

I don't want to remove anything because those effects are what makes this piece interesting to watch. I thought that's what Adobe Premiere Elements was for? Want this video to look professional. It is in fact a legitimate music video I've been comissioned to create for the band. I was able to get one cut onto YouTube but, of course it had issues and was mistakenly not the cut I wanted to export.

Thank you for your time and attention. I will keep trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also output the project as is but with no media in place, and it output in about 10 minutes. So it's clearly overloaded when the media is added and the program is choking. It shouldn't do that, but that's what's happening.

Working on it in parts rather than applying so many effects and video resizings at once is a workaround that will likely fix the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try again to export it to YouTube in segments. I did that once but haven't been able to do it since. There is that option to only export the timeline but, I don't know how to effectively export just pieces?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've figured out how to export and process the video in segments to YouTube. I know there is an editing function. But, can I splice all the separate segments together to make one movie? I know there is that "clip" function. I've figured out how to do that. Problem is, I don't know how to clip segments from one export into the file for another export? Is that even possible?
I find it hard to believe that neither Adobe nor YouTube can accomodate so many effects and edits? Is there a way to make my video into one solid piece? Sorry for the lack of tech speak but, is there a way to "congeal" the entire video before exporting to YouTube?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand anything you've done.  So, assuming you have "segments" that are functional video files, you could start a new project and use those as your source material, put them together on a simple timeline and output one complete video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Bill for your patience. Get this, I finally got my video to become mp4. Did this by using a video converter file which I downloaded. That was great. Got the final cut of my film, went to YouTube. Completed all the steps. Thing is, only 2 minutes and 30 something seconds showed up? I've asked the YouTube community and griped to Google. Don't know if that will help?
In any event, here is my finished video if you can see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! Same thing happened here. Only 2 minutes and 38 seconds of my 4 minute 2.2 second video. Oy vey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it. Finally got around to following Steve's suggestion and transformed all of the still pictures to the right format. And I got the entire video to be mp4. But YouTube still will not process the thing. I try sending it from Adobe PE and try getting it from YouTube. It exports instantly but will not process? I'm trying to attach it here but am told that it exceeds the maximum file size of 47MB. Same thing happens when I try to email it. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you've output your movie to your computer as an MP4 and that you can't then upload that to YouTube using your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I cannot get the movie in an email, to YouTube or to Facebook but it is now MP4. Can I send it to you again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Now I cannot find the mp4 file. Think I sent you another prel below. Let  me try again...

Ugh, says it exceeds the maximum file size. I have the video on mp4 but I can't send it anywhere because it is too big. Can you tell me how to make it smaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message I get when I try to export to YouTube:

"Processing abandoned"

This error message may occur if the uploaded file is shortened or invalid. It can also occur on reduced upload speeds. Try playing your video back on your device and make sure that you’re using a supported file type, then upload again. If the problem remains, try uploading your video from a different platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just got the mp4 file to post here? Can you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I downloaded from your link is a blank file. Does the MP4 play on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines